Once it comes to Roblox Initializing Device “Something went wrong”, you should check out Date, Time and Region. If there is nothing out of the ordinary there, you may want to take a look at Internet settings, clear temporary files and reset Roblox. Continue reading if you want to overcome the error and go back to playing Roblox as soon as possible.
What You Could Do
Note: In the beginning, it’s a good idea to keep a number of considerations in mind:
- Your PC is connected to the Internet and the connection is stable.
- All the background processes have been closed.
- Windows is up-to-date.
If your PC fails to satisfy one of the above, proceed to address it before moving.
Think About Date, Time And Region
Having the wrong Date, Time and Region results in many errors including Roblox Initializing Device “Something went wrong”. Thus, it’s strongly recommended that you give Date, Time and Regions some thought.
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings then go to Time & Language.
- Step 2: Determine whether you have set the correct time as well as time zone. Feel free to enable set time automatically.
- Step 3: Look to the left, choose Region and see if it reflects your location.
Check Out Internet Settings
While proxy comes in handy at times, it may complicate the operation of programs and Roblox is not an exception. You keep running into Roblox Initializing Device “Something went wrong”? In that case, you should take a look at Internet settings, especially proxy.
- Step 1: Go To Search bar, type Internet Options and hit Enter.
- Step 2: In Internet Options, navigate to Connections tab.
- Step 3: Click on LAN settings at the bottom of the window.
- Step 4: Proceed to uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections) checkbox under Proxy server. Last but not least, select Apply and choose OK to save all the settings then restart your computer.
Flush DNS and Reset Winsock
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type cmd and hit Run as Administrator.
- Step 2: In Command Prompt (Admin), run each of these commands:
netsh winsock reset
Note: Depending on the situation, it’s a good idea to apply changes to DNS settings directly.
- Step 1: Press Windows + X, select Network Connections and choose Change adapter options under Advanced network settings.
- Step 2: Right-click on the Wi-Fi adapter then pick Properties.
- Step 3: Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and select Properties.
- Step 4: Click on Use the following DNS server addresses: and enter 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred DNS server field. Finally, click OK, close everything and launch Roblox.
Get Rid Of Temporary Files
For your information, temporary files affect the performance of Windows in most of the cases. If you have a hard time getting Roblox to launch all the way, don’t hesitate to delete temporary files.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R, type %temp% and then press Enter.
- Step 2: Press Ctrl + A to select all the files in the folder then press Shift + delete to permanently delete all the folder files.
- Step 3: Restart your computer.
If none of the above methods work, resetting Roblox is going to be your last resort.
- Step 1: Press Windows + I key to open Settings then go to Apps.
- Step 2: Navigate Roblox in the app list and click on the advanced option next to it.
- Step 3: Scroll down, locate Reset and click on it. Afterward, follow the instructions to reset Roblox. When the process completes, launch Roblox and witness the result.
Why Do I Keep Getting Kicked Out of Roblox?
Once it comes to being kicked from the Roblox server while playing, several explanations exist. For instance, you may have been thrown out due to suspicious activity. Other possibilities include using an incompatible browser, utilizing a proxy site, server issues, excessive traffic, etc.
How Do I Get Unbanned?
If your account has been banned or regulated, you can contact the Roblox Appeals team to have the case reviewed. The Appeals team will review the moderation and make appropriate changes to your account’s moderation status. However, you need to keep in mind that making an appeal alone does not guarantee that your ban will be lifted.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.