Out of the blue, quite a few gamers notice their ScpToolkit not working following Windows updates. With ScpToolkit disabled, people have a hard time pairing PS3 controllers to their computers which is annoying by all accounts. Even though the indicator still lights up when gamers establish connection between their computers and PS3 controllers, the buttons remain unresponsive. If you want to resume playing games on your computer with PS3 controllers, this article is for you.
ScpToolkit Won’t Work: Solutions
Uninstall And Reinstall The Drivers
Once it comes to ScpToolkit not working, you may want to uninstall the ScpToolkit’s drivers. That is going to restore the operation of the controllers for most of the time.
- Step 1: Start the Device Manager, right click ScpToolkit and and choose Properties in the drop down menu which appears.
- Step 2: Windows 10 will open a new window with the properties of ScpToolkit. Click on the Driver tab and select Uninstall Device.
- Step 3: In the emergent Uninstall Device dialog box, check the option labeled Delete the driver software for this device, and click Uninstall.
After uninstalling the ScpToolkit’s drivers, restart your computer and your game controllers will perform correctly when the screen turns back on.
Apply Changes To Startup Settings
In a number of cases, it’s possible to resolve issues with ScpToolkit by changing its startup settings:
- Step 1: Open Start menu, type in Services and press Enter.
- Step 2: Look for either SCP DSx or SCP DS3 options (depending on the version on your computer), right-click it and choose Properties.
- Step 3: Go to the startup type bar then change it from Automatic to Automatic (Delayed Start).
Make Use Of The Troubleshooter
Windows contains a built-in Hardware and Devices troubleshooter that could take care of all sorts of issues involving PS3 controllers.
- Step 1: Press Windows key + R, type control then hit Enter to open Control Panel
- Step 2: Change View from Category to Small Icons, select Troubleshooting and pick View all.
- Step 3: Look For Hardware and Devices, select it and provide the administrator password.
- Step 4: Follow the Troubleshooting Wizard until the procedure is complete.
Uninstall And Reinstall Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controllers
If the PlayStation 3 controller is connected to your computer system via a USB cable, you should consider uninstalling and reinstalling Universal Serial Bus (USB) controllers.
- Step 1: Open Device Manager, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
- Step 2: Right-click on each device under Universal Serial Bus controllers node then select Uninstall.
- Step 3: Close the Device Manager and restart your computer system so it could reinstall the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Step 4: Reconnect your PlayStation 3 controller and use it as you wish.
- After installing the Windows 10 operating system into your computer, the best way to fet started is by running Microsoft’s Get Started App. This feature can be found by clicking on the Start button and looking to the lower left. From there, at the top of the Most Used list, select Get Started.
- Make sure to turn on file history in your Windows 10 computer so that the system can create shadow copies of your files. As such, in case of a system failure, it is easier to restore your files.
- It is always important to have backups of your information and Microsoft OneDrive is a fantastic backup solution. Sign up for an account with OneDrive to gain access to storage and synchronization options.
- A quick way of identifying the presence of malware or foreign files in your Windows 10 system is by enabling the display of file name extensions. That is going to provide you with important information about files and their characteristics. By observing these extensions, it is possible to tell if a file has been infected or is malware. For example, some types of malware transform .doc files into .exe. Keeping an eye on file extensions would help a lot with security in the long run.
- If you can help it, turn off Wi-Fi Sense under the Network & Internet settings. Doing so will prevent it from connecting automatically to open Wi-Fi networks. As such, your information and data are protected from external threats.
Should I Update The Computer System After Installing Windows 10?
It’s noteworthy that the installation ofWindows 10 won’t include all updates from the get-go. Therefore, it is a good idea to check for updates as soon as the installation wraps up.
Why Is It Important To Activate The OS?
After installation, the user must activate Windows 10 to experience all its features. The process involves entering a license key or signing into a Microsoft Account with a valid license key for Windows 10.
Does Windows 10 Come With All The Key Programs?
Yes but it won’t hurt to manually install a couple of third-party programs for a smooth computing experience. Such programs allow you to browse the Internet, play multimedia, improve security, graphic design and so on.
How Can I Get My Computer To Start Up Quicker?
The Windows 10 operating system startup process can be accelerated by disabling the unnecessary startup programs. Numerous programs run at startup which consumes processing power and the result is a long boot-up sequence.
Is It Possible To Increase The Battery Life Of Windows 10 Laptops?
By utilizing the Windows 10 power settings, a user can optimize their machine’s battery usage to create a Power Plan which maximizes the number of working hours.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.