To put it plainly, Trusted Platform Module (TPM) plays a key role in the security and privacy of Windows users. Needless to say, quite a few Windows users feel anxious when they see the error message that says “compatible TPM cannot be found”. The message also informs people that they must verify whether their computer has 1.2 TPM or later and it is turned on in the BIOS. In the case that you have no idea what to do next, this article is for you.
A List Of Solutions
Update And Restart
If the version of TPM’s software on your computer is too old, its function may be unstable which results in the “TPM is not usable” error. Hence, if your computer displays TPM errors, you should consider updating it.
- Step 1: Connect your computer to the Internet.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Start menu, right-click it and choose Device Manager.
- Step 3: Click the section labeled Security Device to open it.
- Step 4: When Trusted Module Platform 1.2 appears, right-click it and pick Uninstall.
- Step 5: Exit Device Manager.
When you leave Device Manager, restart your computer at the earliest opportunity. Following the restart, your computer is going to install the latest version of the new TPM software automatically.
Enable TPM In BIOS
Within the Basic Input/Output System (BIOS), the TPM can be reconfigured to eliminate issues including the “TPM is not usable” error.
- Step 1: Turn off your computer then turn it on again.
- Step 2: As your computer boots up, press F2 on the keyboard to access BIOS.
- Step 3: Navigate to Security, look for TPM and enable it.
- Step 4: Save your settings and exit BIOS mode.
- Step 6: Restart your computer.
Turn On TPM Manually
The “TPM is not usable” error may pop up if the mainboard chip is turned off. Things would return to normal if you turn on TPB on your own.
- Step 1: Hit Windows + R to open Run.
- Step 2: In the Run dialog box, type tpm.msc and press Enter.
- Step 3: In the new window (titled Action), select Turn TPM On to view the TPM Security Hardware document.
- Step 4: Click Restart then follow the Unified Extensible Firmware Interface prompts.
- Step 5: During the restart process, the system will ask you to accept the reconfiguration of your TPM. This is a security feature to ensure the reconfiguration is not being conducted by those with malicious intent.
- In the Windows 11 operating system, the Start button is located at the center. It can be restored to its traditional bottom left position by changing the taskbar alignment to left.
- Owners can use the Windows Hello feature to activate a quick way of logging into their Windows 10 machines. This feature enables a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and you could start accessing your computer’s account via your fingerprint or face. To set up your preferred Windows Hello access method, click the Start menu, choose Settings and navigate to Accounts. Next, proceed to Sign-in options, select the category labeled Manage how you sign into your device and set your preferred Windows Hello sign in method.
- After right-clicking files and folders in Windows 11, users only see a simplified menu offering only the most popular options associated with that specific type of file. To access more choices, the user can scroll down and click Show more options.
- If you have a large monitor, it is possible to run and display multiple programs at the same time in the Windows 10 operating system. All you have to do is to use your mouse pointer to snap the programs into each corner. Upon doing so, the button will enable users to Pin or Unpin applications as desired. That eliminates the hassle of having overlapping windows. An interesting feature of Windows 11 is that you can customize the Quick Settings menu by clicking on the pencil icon.
How Come I Cannot Turn On My PC?
If your Windows computer is not turning on, confirm that its power cord is firmly plugged into the outlet or power strip. Also, if your computer’s onboard power supply has an external switch, ensure that it is turned on. If there is nothing out of the ordinary, inspect your computer’s power supply to make sure that it’s up and running.
Is It Possible To Tell If My Computer’s Hard Disk Is Malfunctioning?
The first sign of malfunctioning hard disks is the appearance of error messages when running programs. Gradually, your screen can turn blue and eventually, it’s impossible to start the computer. When the hard disk malfunctions, you may need to pick up a replacement.
What Must Be Done If My Computer Crashes During Operation?
Your system can get overwhelmed by resource-intensive programs or too many individual applications running at the same time. The moment the computer crashes, you should shut it down by using the Start menu or long-pressing its Power. Afterward, wait for a few minutes as your computer starts up again.
Which Is The Latest Windows Operating System Version?
The latest available Windows operating system is Windows 11.
What Makes The Image On My Monitor Appear Distorted?
The image on your monitor can appear distorted if the video signal cable is loose. Thus, ensure that the video cable is firmly attached and has all its pins in good condition.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.