As Windows users configure the Focus Assist settings, it’s not uncommon for crashes to occur which proves frustrating. Usually, when Windows 10 Focus Assist crash, the system won’t display an error message so people have a hard time troubleshooting the feature. Unable to access the Focus Assist settings regardless of what you do? If that is the case, you should find this article useful.
Actions To Take
System File Checker (SFC) And Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
Regarding the crashing of Focus Assist on Windows 10, one of the best solutions is to run SFC as well as DISM in Command Prompt.
- Step 1: Type CMD in the Search bar, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Enter PIN or password if asked.
- Step 2: Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth and hit Enter.
- Step 3: Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and hit Enter.
- Step 4: Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit Enter.
- Step 5: Type sfc /SCANNOW, hit enter and wait for the scan to complete.
Afterward, restart the computer, open Focus Assist when the screen comes back on and configure Focus Assist again.
Reset Focus Assist
The moment Windows 10 Focus Assist crash, it’s a good idea to reset the feature at the earliest opportunity.
- Step 1: Press Windows + I to open Settings, choose Apps and look for Focus Assist under Programs and Features.
- Step 2: Right-click Focus Assist then select Advanced options.
- Step 3: Scroll down, hit Reset and back out to give Focus Assist one more go.
Turn Off Silent Mode In Avast
Overall, settings of Avast can interfere with the performance of Focus Assist on Windows 10. For instance, if you enable Silent Mode of Avast, the antivirus program is going to disable Windows Push Notification User Service. With Windows Push Notification User Service disabled, Focus Assist would have difficulty working as expected. Hence, it’s wise to adjust Avast antivirus if you cannot configure Focus Assist.
- Step 1: Launch Avast, go to Menu and choose Settings.
- Step 2: Select Notification in General, untick the box beside Use silent mode and turn off all pop-ups, alerts and messages and close Avast.
- Step 3: Open Focus Assist.
- The Photos app in Windows 10 can autonomously collect photos from PC, tablet as well as smartphone then save them to the cloud via OneDrive.
- Users can use Cortana’s voice control feature right inside Microsoft Edge to extract contextual information from the websites for ease of convenience.
- To take a screenshot of an active window, press Alt + Print Screen. In the next step, open Paint, hit Ctrl +P to paste the screenshot and save it in a folder of your choice.
- The Windows snipping tool makes it possible to take a screenshot of a specific part of the screen. To use the tool, type the words Snipping tool in the Search bar then select it. From there, tap new and drag the cursor over the area that you want to capture. Release the mouse pointer to take the screenshot and activate the Snipping Tool’s active window.
- Those who utilize two-in-one devices can activate tablet mode to make the machine more receptive to touch commands. This feature can be activated by activating Settings and toggling on a feature labeled make Windows more touch-friendly. It’s worth pointing out that the feature can be set to switch modes automatically or with manual assist.
What Are The Microsoft Universal Apps?
Universal Apps are applications that automatically adapt to all devices that run Windows 10. These apps include Music, Photos, Videos, Mail & Calendar, Maps as well as People & Messaging. Any content created in these apps is automatically backed up and synchronized through your OneDrive account for seamless use in your smartphone, tablet, laptop or Personal Computer (PC).
How Does The Action Center Operate?
This Action Center is the main hub of all the notifications generated by your computer’s applications. Sliding in from the right on your desktop, it presents alerts from the apps which are installed in your computer system. Each alert can be expanded, read and acted upon in a unique way depending on the associated application.
What Is Project Spartan In Windows 10?
Project Spartan was the code name for Microsoft Edge which is the default browser on your Windows 10 machine.
How Is A Screenshot Taken In This Operating System?
There are numerous ways to take a screenshot in Windows 10 where the easiest is by pressing the Print Screen button. After that, open up a graphic application such as Paint and paste the screenshot there. That done, it can be saved in a directory of your choice.
Can A User Set Up Multiple Clocks Displaying Different Time Zones On Their Windows 10 Desktop?
Yes they can add multiple clocks through the feature labeled Add clocks for different time zones under the Time & language setting.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.