Unexpected power loss could easily lead to the “connectivity state in standby: disconnected, reason: nic compliance” issue. In this scenario, inspecting your power supply will be the best course of action. There are detailed other solutions like checking the ventilation system, updating BIOS, disabling the overclock, reinstalling Windows, and applying changes to your power plan. To get a hint on how to resolve this issue, check out this article.
A List Of Suspects
Loss Of Power
All in all, power loss is the leading cause behind corruption on computers which results in a multitude of errors. Hence, if you see the “connectivity state in standby: disconnected, reason: nic compliance” error, give loss of power some thought. Remember that quite a few issues would lead to power loss: faulty power supply, unexpected power outage and so on.
Issues With Power Plan
For your computer to run at optimal, you must have a sound power plan. An ill-suited power plan may make your computer run less than ideal and give rise to error.
If a computer overheats, it can suddenly shutdown, restart or you may face other performance issues. After the unexpected shutdown or restart, an error like “connectivity state in standby: disconnected, reason: nic compliance” may be displayed in Event Viewer. It’s worth pointing out that continuous overheating can cause severe damage to the internal components. Because of that, if you suspect overheating to be responsible for all the restarts, it’s a good idea to act quickly.
Overclocking is the use of third-party applications to boost the processor’s speed. Generally, overclocking is good but once the application conflicts with the computer system, you may face the “connectivity state in standby: disconnected, reason: nic compliance” error. Also, overclocking also can lead to overheating of the CPU and mess up many operations.
The basic Input/Output System is responsible for starting the computer system once it is powered on. If this program is outdated, it’s natural for your computer to come across errors such as “connectivity state in standby: disconnected, reason: nic compliance”.
What Must Be Done
Take A Look At Power Supply
In the case of a faulty power supply unit, you need to repair it to avoid random restarts. Unless you have the skills and tools, you should send in your power supply unit for repair. As a precaution, stick to reputable stores.
Think About Heat Dissipation
If you believe that your device is restarting because it gets overheated, you should check out the ventilation system. In the case that the system is not running as expected, repair it. Furthermore, you may want to blow air directly to the CPU using additional fans as a stopgap measure. Additional fans and the airflow they offer help a lot during drawn-out gaming sessions.
Before updating BIOS, you will first need to check the current version then compare it with the one on Microsoft’s website. If the version on the website is newer than yours, proceed to download and install it.
- Step 1: Press Windows key + R to open Run, type CMD and hit Enter to launch Command Prompt.
- Step 2: Type wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion then hit Enter to see the version number of your BIOS
- Step 3: Go to Microsoft’s website, search for your computer model and find all available BIOS updates.
- Step 4: Download the BIOS then put it in a USB.
- Step 5: Press the Windows key, select Power and hold Shift while selecting Restart.
- Step 6: Select Troubleshoot, go to Advanced Options then select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Step 7: Use the UEFI utility to select the new firmware image you saved on the flash drive.
- Step 8: Once the process is done, restart your computer then see how things turn out.
To disable the overclock on a Windows computer, you must go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Press Windows key + I to open settings, Select Update & Security and click Recovery.
- Step 2: Under Advanced Startup, click Restart now and you will be taken to a special menu.
- Step 3: Pick Troubleshoot, hit Advanced Options and click UEFI Firmware Settings
- Step 4: Chose Restart and you will be taken to BIOS after the system restarts
- Step 5: Go to Performance, locate Overclocking and disable it
- Step 6: Save changes on BIOS and restart your computer.
Media Creation Tool
Media Creation is a free utility program that reinstalls Windows while keeping files, programs, and most settings in place. It is known to repair installs and solve most issues including the “connectivity state in standby: disconnected, reason: nic compliance” error.
- Step 1: Launch your web browser, visit Windows Software Download page
- Step 2: Click Download Tool Now below Create Windows 10 installation media
- Step 3: Once downloaded, follow the installation prompts to complete the installation
- Step 4: Open Media Creation Tool, hit Upgrade this PC now and click Next.
- Step 5: When the Windows download is complete, select your own preferred choices like keep only your files then click Install.
- Step 6: After the installation is complete, check if your error persists
Apply Changes To Power Plan
Balanced or Best Performance power plan is the plan for normal computer usage. To adjust the power plan options on your computer:
- Step 1: Press the Window key + R to open Run Window.
- Step 2: Type control then hit Enter to open the Control Panel.
- Step 3: Select Power Options then Create a power plan.
- Step 4: Choose your power plan (preferably Balanced), name the plan then click Continue to save the plan
What Is The Difference Between Sleep And Hibernate?
In Sleep, all actions are stopped, any open documents and applications are put in memory while the computer goes into a low-power state. In Hibernate, instead of saving your open documents and running applications to your RAM, it saves them to your hard disk and during startup, it may take a bit longer than when in sleep.
Can I Recover Unsaved Documents In MS Word?
You can recover any unsaved document by clicking on the File tab, going to Manage Document, then selecting Recover Unsaved Documents from the drop-down list.
- Before repairing your computer check if your device is within the warranty period.
- Close heavy applications before putting your computer to sleep.
- Instead of an overlock, choose a PC with a higher processor.
- Use UPS to prevent unexpected power outages.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.