Error with the Forza Horizon 3 files could lead to Forza Horizon 3 not launching and you will need to run the troubleshooter. You can also try switching to another account, resetting Windows Store, disabling the antivirus software, and resetting the game. This article highlights all the necessary steps to get Forza Horizon 3 back to work, ensure to check it out.
Forza Horizon 3 Won’t Launch: Reasons
If the files of Forza Horizon 3 become corrupted, Forza Horizon 3 not launching is a potential consequence. There are several ways in which files of games can get corrupted on your computer: power outage, malicious software and so on.
Windows Store Error
Forza Horizon 3 can be downloaded from the Windows store app. Since the game and the store have a connection, then if there is an error with Windows Store, Forza Horizon 3 will have a hard time launching.
Overlocking is normally used by gamers to boost the processor’s speed and kick gaming experience up a notch. This is usually done using third-party applications. However, if the overclocking software is not compatible with games, things can go haywire and launching difficulty is the result.
All in all, antivirus programs keep your computer out of harm’s way by interrupting suspicious operations. However, on occasions, antivirus programs can overreact and deem Forza Horizon 3 a threat to your computer. With antivirus programs preventing Forza Horizon 3 from running. Forza Horizon 3 would have trouble launching.
Old Game Version
If you are playing an old version of Forza Horizon, you can run into various errors while playing. Old versions could have errors from the developer’s side and the developers solve this by rolling out a newer version of the game. You will have to visit the Microsoft Store to update your game to the latest version
A Few Fixes
This should be your first action once it comes to Forza Horizon 3 not launching.
- Step 1: Press Window + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Hit Update & Security, choose Troubleshoot and pick Additional troubleshooter
- Step 3: Select the troubleshooter for Window Stores Apps
- Step 4: Let the troubleshooter run till the end, view the result and act accordingly
- Step 5: Restart your computer
Switch To A Microsoft Account
You use a simple local account to log into your account? Then it’s a good idea to sign out then log back in using a Microsoft account.
- Step 1: Press Window + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Visit Email & accounts, select Add an account then enter your Microsoft account.
- Step 3: After logging in, restart your computer and give Forza Horizon 3 one more go when the screen comes up.
Reset Windows Store
If the Windows Store has some damaged or corrupt files, you will most likely run into Forza Horizon 3 not launching. To solve this, you will need to reset the Windows Store to get rid of these damaged files causing your application not to launch.
- Step 1: Got to the Search box, type cmd, right-click the top entry and choose Run As Administrator
- Step 2: Type the command: wsreset.exe and hit Enter
- Step 3: Launch Forza Horizon 3 again
If the third-party application you are using to overclock is the cause of the problem, you will need to disable overclocking in BIOS.
- Step 1: Press Windows key + I to open settings.
- Step 2: Select Update & Security then click on Recovery from the menu.
- Step 3: Under Advanced Startup, click Restart now and you will be taken to a special menu.
- Step 4: Select Troubleshoot then click on Advanced Options
- Step 5: Select UEFI Firmware Settings then click Restart and you will be taken to BIOS after system restarts
- Step 6: Go to performance then locate overclocking and disable it
- Step 7: Save changes to BIOS and restart your computer again
Disable Antivirus Programs
Windows 10 has Windows Security called Windows Defender Security, if you suspect that this antivirus is causing the error, you can disable it temporarily.
- Step 1: Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Select Update & Security then click on Windows Security.
- Step 2: Click on Virus & Threat Protection then select Manage Settings.
- Step 3: Click the toggle button under Real-time protection to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus temporarily
- Step 4: If prompted, click Yes to confirm the change, then check if the game launch is solved.
Resetting the game will enable your computer to get rid of any corrupt files that may cause your application not to launch.
- Step 1: Press Windows key + I to open Settings
- Step 2: Click on Apps then go to Apps & Features
- Step 3: Select Forza Horizon 3 then click on Advanced Options
- Step 4: Select Reset, wait for your computer to finish reset then restart your PC.
Note: Aside from reset, it’s wise to consider repairing your computer.
- Step 1: Press Window Key + X to open the Quick Link Menu
- Step 2: Select Windows Powershell then type the following commands one at a time.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
- Step 3: After all the commands have been executed, restart your computer and check if the issue has been solved.
How Long Is Forza Horizon 3?
Forza Horizon 3 is about 17 hours in length. If you are a gamer whose main is to explore all the aspects of the game, you will spend around 110 hours to obtain 100% completion
Can I Still Purchase Forza Horizon?
Forza Horizon 3 reached its end in September 2020. That means the game and the associated DLC is no longer available.
- Focus on the festivals that you enjoy.
- Close down other programs before launching your game.
- For best audio in gaming, use the Razer Blackshark V2 headset.
- Start with a car that’s right for you.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.