Windows Hello is a biometrics-based security feature on Windows and Windows Hello Face is part of it. By taking advantage of Windows Hello Face, Windows users only need to show their face to the computer webcam to log in. However, a number of people run into the “this option is unavailable” error every time they intend to try out Windows Hello Face. Take a look at this article to learn more about Windows Hello Face: “This option is currently unavailable”
What Must Be Done
Make Use Of Registry Editor
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type regedit and hit Enter.
- Step 2: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, open SOFTWARE and choose Policies.
- Step 3: Select Microsoft, choose Windows and enter System.
- Step 4: Hit Create/edit then set the value of AllowDomainPINLogon registry DWORD (REG_DWORD) to 1.
- Step 5: Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
Note: In case things go wrong, it is important to create a System Restore point before using Windows Registry.
Clear The Ngc Folder
For your information, the Ngc folder manages Windows sign-in information. Hence, as you look for a way to solve the Windows Hello Face problem, you should consider clearing the Ngc folder.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type control and hit Enter to open Control Panel.
- Step 2: Select File Explorer, click View tab and choose Show hidden files.
- Step 3: Uncheck Hide protected operating system files, back out of Control Panel and go to File Explorer.
- Step 4: Navigate to the Ngc folder through the following path: C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft.
- Step 5: Right-click the Ngc folder then select Properties.
- Step 6: Hit the Security tab, choose Advanced and choose Change link in the Owner section.
- Step 7: Determine whether the “From this location” field shows the name of your computer. Select Locations to apply changes if necessary.
- Step 8: In the “Enter the object name to select” field, enter Administrators, click Check Names and hit OK.
- Step 9: Check Replace owner on sub containers and objects, click Apply and hit OK.
- Step 10: Rename the Ngc folder to a random name (for instance, Old_Ngc).
- Step 11: Create a new folder and name it Ngc.
- Step 12: Close everything and restart your computer.
Reinstall Camera Drivers
Regarding Windows Hello Face: “This option is currently unavailable”, the reinstallation of the camera drivers works wonders in a lot of cases.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Device Manager and press Enter to open Device Manager
- Step 2: Expand System Devices, right-click Microsoft IR Camera Front and select Uninstall.
- Step 3: Close Device Manager and restart your computer twice.
Refresh The WinBio Database
Whenever biometric services act up, it’s wise to reset the WinBio database. The process in essence involves the deletion of existing files and the re-registering of biometric signs.
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to open Run, type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
- Step 2: Look for Windows Biometric Service, right-click it and choose Stop.
- Step 3: Open File Explorer, go to C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase, copy all the files within the folder and save them in a safe location. Name the folder as WinBioBackup.
- Step 4: Delete everything inside the WinBioDatabase folder.
- Step 5: Return to Services, right-click Windows Biometric Service and choose Restart.
- Step 6: Open Settings, choose Accounts and select Sign-in options. Next, go through the registration procedure to register your biometric signs.
Can Windows 10 Support Dual Boot?
Yes it can.
Is It Possible To Try Out Windows 10 Before Installing It?
Users can try out Windows 10 by downloading and running the Windows 10 Enterprise 90-day trial.
Can Windows 10 Run On A Smartphone?
Yes. This operating system is designed to run on smart devices that are already running Windows Phone 8.1. Windows 10 is developed to be versatile such that it can run on Personal Computers (PCs), tablets and smartphones.
What’s The Purpose Of The Notification Center In This Operating System?
The Notification Center in Windows 10 provides a centralized location for all your system and application alerts.
Can A Gamer Stream Their In-Game Footage Using Windows 10?
Yes. They can use the XBOX App to stream live-action gaming to another PC or a tablet.
A Guide For Beginners
- Users that utilize a touch screen display can interact with touch-optimized Windows 10 office apps including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote.
- By implementing Microsoft Windows 10 Continuum, users can rely on the operating system to adapt specific application on application devices. As a result, those who use two-in-one devices can get the best experience whether they use their gadget as a laptop or as a tablet.
- Many audio enthusiasts love using the FLAC music format due to its lossless nature and Windows 10 supports the FLAC format throughout the system. To enjoy this feature, download the Media Player Codec Pack and install it by following the Wizard prompts. Make sure to clear the checkbox labeled Install Additional Software. Upon reaching the Audio Settings and Video Settings screens, you should select Next, choose No when asked to read the file association guide and Finish the installation. Restart your computer and use Windows Media Player 12 to enjoy FLAC format music files.
- Activate Windows 10 Device Guard to prevent suspicious applications from being installed into your computer system. Available for Windows 10 Enterprise version, Device Guard is going to prevent the installation of unauthorized applications which secure your PC as time passes by.
- For optimum security, you can use Microsoft Passport to set a gesture which can be implemented to sign into your computer without using a password or a PIN. It enables the implementation of Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for extra protection of your system and user account.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.