With over 5.5 million sales across both Windows and Xbox One, Ark has been considered as one of the to-date most evolved sandbox/survival games on the planet.
Besides the fact of having a huge fan base on all streaming as well as gaming platforms like steam and twitch etc. and having put a ridiculous high amount of detail into the game. Ark still suffers from a few issues.
One of these is the “Ark Non-Dedicated Host Tether Distance”. If you are also facing this issue, then we recommend you to read this article to the end and by the end of this article you will be able to solve this issue all by yourself.
So without a further ado let’s get started
So What Exactly Is “Ark Non-Dedicated Host Tether Distance”?
This means you can invite your friends to play with you without going to the trouble of hosting a dedicated server. It’s for allowing your friends to join your game without having to be on a dedicated server. As a result, you operate your game in Non-Dedicated mode, allowing others to join as if it were a server. Tethering tethers their characters to the host, and they return if they wander beyond x (range in meters).
How To Increase “Ark Non-Dedicated Host Tether Distance”?
Steps to follow:
- Step 1: Open the game and click on Host/Local
- Step 2: Find the “General” menu in the left part of the screen and scroll down
- Step 3: Find the text “Non-Dedicated host tether distance”. Under this text, there will be a box with a random number
- Step 4: Adjust that number to its highest value
After this, you should be able to increase the Tether distance in Ark.
How To Remove “Ark Non-Dedicated Host Tether Distance”?
Sometimes you don’t want to increase the tether distance, but instead remove it. The good news is that you can do that too, and just by tweaking some simple settings in your game.
- When there is no tether distance, your friend does not have to be close to you and can really be on the opposite side of the map from you without any complications.
- Please keep in mind that if you do this, your machine (if you’re hosting a non-dedicated server) will run much slower, so only do it if you have a reasonably good computer; you’ll also likely have to sacrifice graphics if you want greater FPS.
If you don’t know how to remove tether distance in ark. Here are some steps to follow:
- Step 1: First, go to the place shown in the image, it can be found to the left upon clicking on host/local (scroll all the way down).
- Step 2: It will have a random value in it as shown below.
- Step 3: Now, click on that value, and you will find that you can edit it! Change that to some impossibly high number if you want no distance limit.
After following these steps, you can now finally enjoy ARK with your friends without pesky tether distance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1.) How To Merge Tribes In Ark?
The first and most important step is to talk about and agree on the tribe settings with other players of your existing tribe. If you ever wish to leave the tribe, you must rely on this moment.
Talking about tribes in Ark. There are three tribe options in Ark. These are as follows:
- Tribe Owned: Everything will be owned by the tribe, which means you will lose everything if you ever wish to leave.
- Personally Owned, Tribe Snap, and Admin Demolish: This option allows you to keep ownership of your structures. However, any tribe member can snap their constructions to yours, and any tribe admin can demolish your structures.
- Personally Owned, Personal Snap: Everything will remain yours and no one will be able to take it away from you. Everything will be yours when you quit the tribe
When merging tribes, keep in mind that there can only be one player left in the tribe. So, once you’ve decided on the tribal settings, you’ll need to remove all of the other members from the tribe using the “Remove Player From Tribe” option. It may be found in your tribe’s settings.
Then have the new tribe’s creator or administrator invite the previous tribe’s owner. Select the “Merge Tribe” option when accepting the tribe invitation. Joining a tribe is not a good idea!! If you do that, there’s a good risk you’ll lose access to everything.
Check your dinos and structures to see if the tribe was successfully integrated. Also, welcome your tribal members back.
2.) How To Cure Swamp Fever Quickly In Ark?
If you don’t know what swamp fever is, Swamp fever is a disease prevalent in the swamps of ARK. It’s spread by diseased leeches that are somewhat larger than normal leeches and have an orange hue. Swamp fever cannot be healed by dying oneself since it spreads to the next body, however swamp sickness may be removed by creating a new character.
However, there are a number of ways to prevent and treat swamp fever in Ark, including:
- Investing a lot of points in fortitude can help you avoid getting swamp fever.
- Wearing a gas mask will keep you from getting swamp fever from survivors.
However, you can get rid of your character by deleting it and establishing a new one, but you will lose your levels and tribal membership.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.