All in all, the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) is the last thing that Windows users want to see while using their computers. Usually, when BSOD shows up on Windows computers, it’s accompanied by an error code that contains more details about what might have gone wrong. Your PC displays the Blue Screen Of Death as well as an error code that says 331c3b3a 2005 44c2 ac5e 77220c37d6b4? In that case, this article could show you how to prevent BSOD from appearing again.
A List Of Solutions
Once it comes to BSOD, various solutions exist but if you see the error code 331c3b3a 2005 44c2 ac5e 77220c37d6b4, try out the following fixes.
Inspect The Processor Seating
Generally speaking, loose processors can lead to overheating in the motherboard and result in random crashes with the error code 331c3b3a 2005 44c2 ac5e 77220c37d6b4. Hence, it’s a good idea to take a look at the processor seating.
- Step 1: Pull the retaining handle up to free the drive cage protecting your processor and get it out of the way.
- Step 2: Lift the processor up then inspect the pins to determine they have been damaged. Needless to say, you should repair damaged pins at the earliest opportunity.
- Step 3: In the case that there is nothing out of the ordinary, return the processor to its place. Ensure that the notched edges line up with the ridges on the socket. Additionally, keep in mind that the arrow on the processor must line up with the corner of the socket
- Step 4: Put the drive cage back and pull the retaining handle downward.
Take Heatsink Into Account
In case you don’t know, clogged heatsink can result in high temperatures inside the Central Processing Unit (CPU) which cause random crashes and the BSOD in extreme cases. Because of that, you should give heatsink some thought while troubleshooting the Blue Screen Of Death and the error code 331c3b3a 2005 44c2 ac5e 77220c37d6b4.
- Step 1: Shut down your PC, unplug it and open up the case.
- Step 2: Remove the CPU fan to access the heat sink. From the outside, the heat sink looks like a square shape and is made up of numerous thin sheets of metal punctuated by gaps.
- Step 3: Pick up a can of compressed air and blow away the dust from the heat sink as well as the surrounding.
- Step 4: If the dust leaves but some debris remains stuck in your heat sink, wipe everything clean using lint-free cloths.
- Step 5: Put the CPU fan back into its place, close the case and power up your computer.
Replace The Thermal Paste
Thermal paste facilitates heat transfer between your processor and the heat sink. Over time, the paste gets dry and creates air pockets that obstruct heat transfer. The result of that is a hot processor and the error code 331c3b3a 2005 44c2 ac5e 77220c37d6b4. On the bright side, if you replace the thermal paste, your PC should work normally.
- Step 1: Disassemble your computer’s System Unit then remove the heatsink and processor from the motherboard.
- Step 2: Position the processor so it faces you then place a string of dental floss in between the processor and the heat sink
- Step 3: Move the floss back and forth while applying a bit of force away from the edge. Keep going until you separate the processor and heatsink.
To apply the thermal paste, stick to the steps down below
- Step 1: Apply a pea-sized drop of thermal paste in the middle of your processor on the side that lacks pins. If your thermal paste came with an applicator, spread the paste evenly throughout the surface of your processor.
- Step 2: Carefully place the processor on the heat sink while applying equal but firm pressure on all sides. By doing so, you could evenly distribute the thermal paste.
- Step 3: With the processor and heatsink sandwiching the thermal paste, place the components on the motherboard and secure them.
- Step 4: Reassemble your computer’s System Unit, connect it to the power supply and turn on the machine.
Can Windows 10 Support 4K Displays?
A major benefit of Windows 10 is that it supports Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K graphics in programs that were not originally developed for that resolution. Of course, to get the most out of the graphics, your computer needs to have the latest Windows 10 updates.
Is It Possible To Edit Videos On Windows 10 Computers?
Yes. Windows 10 contains a built-in video editor with features such as Trim, Add Slo-Mo, Draw, Save Photos, Add 3D Effects, Video Creation With Text, …
Is 3D Modeling Available In Windows 10?
Windows 10 users can make use of Microsoft Paint 3D to edit pictures, create paintings, generate 3D models and so on.
Does Windows 10 Support Gesture Control?
To flick through apps and files easier in Windows 10, users can utilize gestures control. With gestures control enabled, you could swipe three fingers upwards to reveal active apps in the Task Viewer. To switch between the open applications, all you need to do is to swipe three fingers to the left or right
Is Windows 10 Compatible With Virtual Reality Headsets?
Absolutely. Users can utilize the Windows Holographic Shell to experience this operating system using a Virtual Reality headset such as the HTC Vive or Oculus Rift.
- For ease of convenience, gaming enthusiasts can use the Game Mode in Windows 10. Click the Start menu, choose Settings and select Gaming. Game Mode enables users to open the Game bar by pressing the Windows Key plus G or take screenshots by pressing Windows + Alt + PrtScrn.
- Avid readers can browse through a huge variety of books in the e-books section of the Microsoft Apps Store. Moreover, Microsoft Edge is capable of opening up a wide range of e-book formats.
- For enhanced experiences, users of the Windows 10 can overclock their processors. Overclocking increases the voltage in your BIOS or UEFI menus and boosts the CPU multiplier. As a precaution, ensure that your processor can be overclocked. It’s possible to overclock processors with the model number ending in a K or an X. Aside from that, all AMD Ryzen CPUs can be overclocked.
- To take quick screenshots in Windows 10, press and hold Shift + Win + S to open Snip & Sketch. Next, select between a full-screen, rectangular or free-form snip. Snip & Sketch incorporates its own image editing toolset independent from Microsoft Paint.
- Ready to impress your friends with gaming prowess? The Xbox Game Bar can be used to record the screen while playing your favorite game. Press Windows + G to open Game Bar, press the Circle icon to begin recording your gameplay and hit the Square icon to stop recording. It’s noteworthy that if an Xbox 360 game controller is attached to your PC, you only press the Xbox button to bring up the Game Bar.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.