While the default performance of Kindle Fire HD 8.9 is usually adequate, many people desire more and seek instructions on how to root Kindle Fire HD 8.9. You also want to root your Kindle Fire HD 8.9 so you could customize it as you see fit but don’t know what must be done? In that case, you have come to the right place. This article could tell you all the information about the rooting of Kindle Fire tablets including HD 8.9.
All in all, you don’t have to be an expert to be able to root Kindle Fire HD 8.9 on your own. Nowadays, once it comes to rooting Kindle Fire HD 8.9 and Kindle Fire tablets in general, two methods exist:
- Step 1: On your tablet, select Settings, choose Device Options and tap Serial Number repeatedly to turn on Developer Options.
- Step 2: As soon as Developer Options comes into view, hit it.
- Step 3: Proceed to activate Android Debug Bridge by pressing Enable ADB. Confirm your decision if prompted.
- Step 4: Make your way to Security and Privacy in Settings then toggle on the Apps from Unknown Sources switch.
- Step 5: Use a USB cable to connect your tablet to your computer. If your computer manages to recognize your tablet, move on to the next step. On the other hand, if your computer fails to find the tablet, download and install USB drivers and ADB.
- Step 6: On your computer, download Amazon Fire Utility, extract the zip file and run the batch (.BAT) file to open the Fire Utility.
- Step 7: Based on the list of instructions, type the number that corresponds to the action you want to perform, hit enter and follow on-screen instructions. Remember to keep your tablet and your computer connected throughout the process.
- Step 8: After the process finishes, close Fire Utility, disconnect your tablet from your computer and restart the device.
- Step 1: On your computer, download and extract this file.
- Step 2: Use a USB cable to connect your tablet to your computer.
- Step 3: Press Windows key, type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
- Step 4: Expand Portable devices, right-click Kindle and pick properties. Next, make your way to Driver then hit Uninstall. Restart your computer once the uninstallation completes.
- Step 5: Disconnect your tablet from your computer PC then download and install Kindle Fire ADB drivers.
- Step 6: On your tablet, go to Settings, turn on Developer Options and hit Enable ADB.
- Step 7: Connect your tablet to your computer then wait until the latter recognizes the former.
- Step 8: Open the extracted folder, double-click RunMe.bat and pick option 1.
- Step 9: On your tablet, tap Backup my data and allow the process to go all the way.
- Step 10: Press a key on the PC once the backup concludes and hit Restore my data.
- Step 11: Press a key on the PC as soon as the process wraps up. In the next few minutes, your Kindle Fire is going to restart twice. When the screen comes back on, hit Restore my data again, wait until the process completes and press a key on the PC. Assuming that things go smoothly, you should see Superuser as you go to Apps Drawer.
Pros And Cons Of Rooting
Nowadays, it’s not uncommon for brands to set up a couple of restrictions on their devices. The idea is to minimize the odds of people compromising their phones, tablets, … and data on them by mistake. Still, in times of need, Android users could resort to rooting to remove the restrictions and gain the privilege to customize aspects of the devices. Here is a list of the pros and cons of rooting:
- The freedom to uninstall and install apps.
- The ability to modify the user interface.
- The chance to optimize the device operation.
- Rooting voids warranty.
- Increased vulnerability to a number of threats.
- Loss of essential features and functionality.
Is It Possible To Unroot Rooted Android Devices?
At the moment, by taking advantage of SuperSU, Android users could unroot rooted devices with relative ease. In the case that SuperSU is not present on your device, download and install it. The process of unrooting is linear: Open SuperSU, select Settings and choose Cleanup under Full unroot. Next, confirm your decision and restart your device to unroot it.
A dynamic and multifaceted professional developer who has made significant strides in the Android industry. As a pivotal member of the Milagro Mobile Marketing team, Vinh’s journey is a testament to the power of education, experience, and unwavering passion for mobile technology.