Usually, the transfer of media between computers and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is a straightforward affair but complaints about Note 4 USB not recognized still appear at times. If you have a hard time getting your PC to recognize your Note 4, it’s possible that configuration of USB preferences is at fault. To be able to establish connection between the devices, you must apply changes to USB preferences. Other solutions include securing the connection, checking out the USB cable, taking a look at the USB port, restarting the devices, …
The Usual Suspects
- USB preferences.
- Loose connection.
- USB cable.
- USB port.
A Few Fixes
Apply Changes To USB Preferences
For your information, if Note 4 is connected to a computer, it’s not uncommon for the phone to start charging by default. Because of that, if you want to transfer media between your PC and your Note 4, you should apply changes to USB preference beforehand. To do so, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Connect your Note 4 to your PC.
- Step 2: On home screen, swipe down to reveal Notification bar.
- Step 3: Check the Media device (MTP) checkbox. After you finish, go to your computer and see how things turn out.
- Step 1: Open Settings on your Note 4, scroll down and hit Developer options. If you have yet to enable Developer options, go to About phone and hit Build number seven times.
- Step 2: Hit Default USB configuration then tick the File transfer circle.
- Step 3: Connect your Note 4 to your PC and determine whether the issue persists.
Secure The Connection
Needless to say, if the connection between your Note 4 and your PC is loose, the latter would struggle to recognize the former. Hence, once it comes to Note 4 USB not recognized, you should consider securing the connection. Disconnect the devices then reconnect them but make sure that each of the ends of the USB cable is plugged tightly. Once the connection is secured, go to your computer and witness the result.
Check Out The USB Cable
In case you don’t know, not all USB cables support the transfer of media so make sure that you use the correct one. Additionally, it’s not uncommon for USB cables to degrade as time passes by which disrupts the connection between your Note 4 and your PC. You have been using your USB cable for a long time? In that case, it’s wise to look for a replacement cable.
Take A Look At The USB Port
If your USB cable is in good condition, it’s widely advised that you give the USB port some thought. Examine and inspect the USB port for signs of damages, particles, … then act accordingly. If the USB port is only dirty, you could clean it on your own but if it’s damaged, leave the repair to the pros.
- Step 1: Disconnect your Note 4 from your PC.
- Step 2: On your computer, open Start menu, select the Power icon and choose Restart. On your Note 4, press and hold the Power button then hit Power off. Wait for a minute then press and hold the Power button of your Note 4 to turn it on.
- Step 3: Connect your Note 4 to your PC.
Is There A Way To Transfer Media Between Computers And Note 4 Without USB Cables?
It’s possible to use Bluetooth to transfer media between your Note 4 and your PC. All you have to do is to enable Bluetooth on your Note 4 as well as your PC.
Can I Transfer Media Between Computers And Smartphones Online?
Yes, but you have to make sure you are connected to the Internet. Ensure the internet is stable before you start transferring to avoid hiccups during transferring. You can transfer files online via email, WhatsApp, Cloud services like Google photos, …
What Must Be Done To Share Large Files?
You should compress files using apps like WinZip, Express Zip, and 7-Zip to reduce their size before you send them. Of course, you could also use services that allow the transfer of large files. Such methods you can use to send large files online include File Transfer Protocol Secure (FTPS), Jumpshare, WeTranfer, and using cloud storage like Files.com, ExaVault, Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
A dynamic and multifaceted professional developer who has made significant strides in the Android industry. As a pivotal member of the Milagro Mobile Marketing team, Vinh’s journey is a testament to the power of education, experience, and unwavering passion for mobile technology.