Managing SIM cards is low on most Android users’ list of priorities so no one bothers to learn how to enable SIM Toolkit on Android. When you buy a smartphone, you insert the SIM and do not pay further attention to it so you may not know about the ability of your SIM card to store a lot of information. When you have SIM Toolkit app installed on Android, you can access and manipulate stored information with relative ease. However, sometimes, you may encounter a common error in SIM Toolkit which is “sim toolkit is not ready or unsupported”. Don’t worry about it. In this article, you will learn how to fix the error: SIM toolkit not showing.
What data is on a SIM card?
SIM is the abbreviation for Subscriber Identity Module card includes a remarkably amount of data about your phone:
- International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI): A 15-digit number identifying you on your carrier’s network.
- Authentication Key: SIM cards contain a 128-bit authentication key in order to verify your connection to the network.
- Contacts and SMS: SIM cards can especially host up to 500 contacts and messages. If you place the SIM in other devices, the contacts will be transferred automatically.
- PIN and PUK: With a PIN code, you can limit access your SIM (this is separate from your phone’s PIN code). The PUK code is employed to unblock PIN.
- Temporary Information: Your SIM also keeps a large number of temporary data about your phone, consisting of your Location Area Identity (LAI), lists of services that you have permission to enter, and SMSC identifiers.
About SIM Toolkit application on Android
SIM Application Toolkit (popularly referred to as STK) is a standard of the GSM system enabling the Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) to initiate actions that can be used for numerous value-added services. The SIM Toolkit app contains a set of commands programmed into the SIM which identify how the SIM should interact straight with the outside world and begins commands independently of the handset and the network. This enables the SIM to set up an interactive exchange between a network application and the end-user and access or manage the access to the network. The SIM also grants commands to the handset like displaying menus and/or asking for user input.
SIM Toolkit main features:
– Identify SIM card Information and manage SIM contacts
– Input and output phone number into SD card.
– Delete or add new phone numbers.
– Send message or make a call from this app.
– Copy number and text into clipboard.
– Back up SIM phone number into Sdcard.
You can watch a full video here:
How to restore SIM Toolkit on Android
When you cannot access SIM Toolkit or the SIM Toolkit app is suddenly inactive, you had better apply these troubleshoot below to handle this problem as fast as possible.
Method 1: Enable Airplane Mode
Put your Android phone into Airplane Mode and wait for few minutes to have SIM Toolkit app on your device again.
Method 2: Restart the Android phone
Try turning the Power off on Android phone, and then you remove SIM and insert later. Now you turn Power on. Check if the problem persists.
Method 3: Clear Data and Cache
Clear Cache and Data of SIM toolkit app by entering the Settings > Apps > tap on Force stop. Now in the below section of the phone screen, you tap on Clear Data and Clear Cache.
Following these mentioned solutions, you will surely tackle the error sim toolkit is not available on this sim card with ease. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below to let us know.
Visit our website milagromobilemarketing.com for more useful information.
A dynamic and multifaceted professional developer who has made significant strides in the Android industry. As a pivotal member of the Milagro Mobile Marketing team, Vinh’s journey is a testament to the power of education, experience, and unwavering passion for mobile technology.