Editing a movie is totally possible with iMovie and other editing software applications for macOS and iOS devices. The app allows you to manipulate clips/films just in the way you like. iMovie for iPhone enables iPhone users to record, as well as edit high-definition videos that they can send via email or MMS or publish directly on YouTube. Various as iMovie functions are, in today’s article, as the title says, we’ll focus on guiding you on how to cut a movie in iMovie on your iPhone.
Is the iMovie for iPhone free?
You can download the application at iTunes at the cost of about $5. The download and installation processes are pretty easy. What’s impressive is that the app sports top-shelf features for mobile device video editing.
While a beginner may find it challenging at first, the directions for the iPhone iMovie app are easy to follow. With little practice in settings, you’ll know how to cut a movie in iMovie in no time. Experienced video editors have no issues using the app. In fact, the majority report that within 10 minutes of interacting with the app for the first time, they can create highly polished videos in a short time.
In this article, we’re going to teach you how to cut a movie in iMovie to change where it begins and ends using your iPhone.
Let’s take a look:
- On your iPhone or iPad, tap to open the iMovie app. The app appears like a white star and a purple video camera.
- Tap on the + to start a new project or tap on the project, a button that lists all the movie projects you had saved. Let’s take the option of an already existing project.
- Tap on the movie you want to edit from the project list, and then tap the Edit button to open your video project in an editor. The edit button is located under the video.
- The white line is the video trimmer. When you tap this line at the bottom, it will reveal the timeline of the entire video at the bottom half of your screen. To select the whole video, tap within the clip, and yellow borders appear.
- Place your finger on the sold yellow bar and drag it to the point you want to cut your movie. Now, this cuts the clip.
You can use the iMovie for iPhone in the following way:
- Open the video you want to cut. There is a solid white line that appears at the center of your iPhone.
- Position the clip on your screen such that the white line coincides with the point where you want to cut your movie. Tap the movie to get the yellow outline around the movie.
- Place your finger on the solid white stripe in the middle and swipe down over the top of the clip to cut the movie. You’ve just separated the part you want from the part you do not wish to. The separator is the thick black bar, as shown below. Tap on the section you want to cut – with the yellow outline.
- Click on the trash bin icon on the bottom right to delete the section of the movie you’ve highlighted.
iMovie for iPhone is easy to use the app. We hope the procedure in this article is crystal clear, and you now know how to cut a movie in iMovie.
Leave us your comment or suggestion.
Experienced Mobile Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Skilled in Android/Kotlin, iOS/Swift, Node.js/TypeScript. Strong engineering professional strengthening my foundations at Oklahoma State University. My Linkedin: Profile