Android Apps on Windows PC- How to Open APK Files on PC
For enthusiastic gamers or those who are into the development of Android applications, running APK apps on Windows PC might bring thrilling experience compared to the limitation of mobile devices.
Here, some users have stumbled upon the difficulty when opening this file extension on their computer. Don’t worry as you always have us back. In this post, you will learn how to open APK files on PC without hassles.
First things first- The requirements for running an APK on PC
Technically, the APK installation to work on PC-based devices calls for the intervention of essential components namely: APK file, a working PC and Android emulator software.
When installing a non-store app on your devices, you have to assure its incredibility. Otherwise, you will be exposed to potential risks coming with this action. This is because some APK files may hide malicious code or harmful viruses to compromise your phone’s security. To troubleshoot the problem, the best way is to stick to an authorized app store to download APKs. To get the APK file of your desired app, follow the steps:
- Access Apktovi.com from your web browser. In the main interface of the site, look up the app via the search bar by entering its name or package ID.
- The system will respond to your search with several results. Tap on the right on to move to the following screen.
- Here, if the app comes in variants or contains OBB data, kindly read the blog to know how to pick up the proper variant or how to install APK+OBB file. Then, hit the Download APK button to start the download.
- Wait for the download to complete.
As a matter of fact, the only thing you need while installing an emulator is a powerful pc which can run as a lag-free virtual OS. In this post, we will guide you on the way to open APK on Windows with the support of Bluestacks, the mainstream Android emulator.
How to open APK files on PC
Follow the stepwise guide below to successfully open APK files to run the apps on your PC:
- First, launch BlueStacks on your Windows and at the top left corner of the home screen, click on Install APK( 3 vertical dots).
- The pop- up window will appear. Then, locate the downloaded APK, click on it and tap Open to insert the APK file onto the home screen of Bluestacks. Let’s see the image of Amazon Music as below:
- Wait for the installation to complete. Finish this final step then you will successfully install the app on your PC.
Hope with this piece of information, you can easily open APKs to install your desired apps on your computer. For further details, kindly contact us via the official site and hit the subscribe button on our Youtube channel as below. Thanks!
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.