3 Simple Ways to Know if Someone Unadded You in Snapchat
Unlike other social networking sites or apps, Snapchat doesn’t make it obvious when someone unfriends or blocks you. Luckily, there are three simple and easy ways to know if someone unadded you on Snapchat or not.
Not seeing someone’s photos or videos in Snapchat stories does not mean a person has unfriended or blocked you because it is possible that they just haven’t posted anything at all. If you want to know how to confirm if they did block or unfriended you, read on.
How to tell if someone unfriended you
Method 1: Check your friends’ list
Snapchat will not send you notifications when someone unfriends or blocks you, and vice versa. The only way you can tell if someone has unfollowed you is by checking your friends’ list and verify if that person is still in there.
For instance, let’s say that a particular person you know is following you and you haven’t seen any stories from them. If you are following that person too, they should be on your friends’ list. Here are the steps on how to check:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- Swipe right from the camera screen to go to your friends’ list.
- Tap on the Search bar, and then type in the name of the person you are looking for.
- Wait until that person’s name pops up.
- Tap on that person’s name to view their profile.
After tapping the name of that person, their profile should show their name, their Snapchat username, and their Snap Score, which represents the total number of all the snaps (photos and videos) they have sent and received in Snapchat.
If you see their Snap Score, that simply means that the person did not unfollow you. But if you don’t see their Snap Score, it means that they’ve already hit the “Remove Friend” button.
Method 2: Check the status
You can also check if someone unfriended you on Snapchat by checking the status of the snaps you send them. If the person is no longer following you and you send them a snap, you will see if they were notified that you sent them something. Here’s how to check:
- From the home screen of the app, tap the chat bubble icon at the bottom left corner.
- Tap the name of the person you want to check.
- You can either send them a snap by clicking the camera icon at the bottom left corner or by sending them a message and tap the arrow icon to send.
- Go back to the messages screen and check the status below the person’s username. If it says “Pending,” this means that the user is no longer following you.
The two methods above are for instances where you are following the person, but what if you are not following them? If you are not friends with the person, you will not be able to see their Snap Score. This step may be tricky, as we will only base it on whether or not the person has viewed your story.
- Add a photo or video to your story.
- Tap the Bitmoji, which should be a preview of your story.
- Tap on the snap in the list to view it.
- Tap the eye icon in the lower left-hand corner to see who viewed your post.
Now you scroll through friends who just recently viewed your snap. And although we are not sure that every friend you have in Snapchat is going to view it, not seeing the person’s name on the list may be a sign.
There are three easy ways to check if someone unfriended you on Snapchat. It will be easier to figure it out if you are following the person as you can be sure if the person really unfriended you or not.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.