As the sequel to State Of Decay, State Of Decay 2 is well-received by gamers who love the zombie genre. Still, it’s not uncommon to see people complaining about technical issues while playing the game. You have a hard time updating State Of Decay 2 on your computer? Read to the end to learn what must be done once it comes to State Of Decay 2 not updating.
A List Of Possibilities
Poor Internet Connection
State Of Decay 2 updates can be large which require a stable internet connection for smooth download and installation. If your connection is less than ideal, it’s only natural that you would run into errors while updating the game.
Like everything else, Windows Store receives updates every now and then. If your version of Windows Store is up-to-date, it should let you update apps at your leisure. On the other hand, if you use an obsolete version of Windows Store, expect problems while updating apps.
All in all, antivirus programs mean well but it’s worth pointing out that they may overreact at times. Overreacting antivirus programs could complicate a couple of processes on computers and updating apps is not an exception.
Copy Is Not Genuine
Your copy of State Of Decay 2 is a cracked one? In that case, there is no way for you to update it via Windows Store. Windows Store only distributes updates for legal copies of the game.
Actions To Take
Check Out Internet Connection
Downloading State Of Decay 2 updates via Windows Store necessitates a stable Internet connection. Poor internet connection is the leading cause of errors encountered during download.
- Step 1: Determine whetherIt is a good practice to keep your Windows Store updated to minimize errors during the update of apps. To update Windows Store, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Windows Store and press enter.
- Step 2: Proceed to select See more > Downloads and updates > Get updates
- Step 3: If an update is available, allow Windows Store to download and install it.
Note: For good measure, you may want to update Windows as well.
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Update and press enter.
- Step 2: Click on Check for updates then download all pending updates
- Step 3: After the process finishes, restart your computer
Pick Up A Legal Copy
your computer is connected to the Internet via wired/wireless connection.
- Step 2: Take a look at your computer’s network settings. Ensure that the correct network adapter is selected and that the IP address, gateway, and DNS settings are correct.
- Step 3: If you still have trouble, reset your router/modem. Unplug the power cord from the device, wait a few minutes and then plug it back in. Finally, Contact your internet service provider for further assistance if the issue persists.
Update Windows Store
The use of cracked applications involves a lot of hassles and being unable to receive updates is a prime example. If you like playing State Of Decay 2, it’s strongly recommended that you get your hands on a legal copy.
- Step 1: Sign in to your Microsoft account by providing your credentials.
- Step 2: Launch the Windows Store app and type “State Of Decay 2” on the search bar at the top of the page.
- Step 3: Select the game from the search results and click “Get.”
- Step 4: Once you have downloaded the game, launch it and follow the instructions on-screen to complete the installation process. You should now be able to play State Of Decay 2 on your PC.
Make Exception For State Of Decay 2
If you’re having trouble updating State Of Decay 2, you may need to allow it in your Windows Defender settings to update. Here’s how to allow State Of Decay 2 in Windows Defender:
- Step 1: Open the Windows Defender Security Center.
- Step 2: Click the “Virus & threat protection” icon.
- Step 3: Click “Virus & threat protection settings.”
- Step 4: Scroll down to the “Allowed apps and features” section, and click “Change Settings.”
- Step 5: Scroll down to the bottom of the list, and click “Add an allowed app or feature.”
- Step 6: Click “Browse” and navigate the State Of Decay 2 installation folder. The default location is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/State Of Decay 2.
- Step 7: Select the StateOfDecay2.exe file, and click “Open.”
- Step 8: Click “Add” and “OK” to exit the setup window.
How Much Does State Of Decay 2 Cost?
The game is priced at $29.99 for the standard edition and $49.99 for the ultimate edition.
Do I Have To Pay For Updates?
No, you do not have to pay for State Of Decay 2 updates. However, if you want to access the latest content, you must purchase the game’s season pass. The season pass gives you access to all of the game’s DLC and exclusive in-game items.
What Is A State Of Decay’s System Requirements?
The following are the minimum System requirements for State Of Decay 2
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 @ 2.7 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 560 2GB or AMD Radeon 7850 2GB
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
What Is A State Of Decay 2 Download Size?
The State Of Decay 2 download size is around 18 GB.
Can I Play State Of Decay 2 On Windows 10?
Yes. State Of Decay 2 is supported on both Windows 7,8,10 and 11.
- Always install the official version of State Of Decay from the Microsoft store.
- See to it that your computer meets the system requirements of the game.
- Only install one copy at a time to avoid conflict.
- Secure a stable internet connection before updating the game.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.