Once it comes to drawing on today’s computers, Huion pen – Paint Tool SAI is a solid combo by all accounts. In most cases, the Huion pen works well in SAI and people could use them to draw to their heart’s content. However, it’s worth pointing out that Windows users still run into issues on occasions while using Huion pen and Paint Tool SAI on their devices. Check out this article if you notice your Huion pen not working in SAI and you have no idea why.
Huion Pen Pressure Won’t Work In SAI: Troubleshooting
- Step 1: Restart your computer
- Step 2: Close and reopen SAI
- Step 3: Install and reinstall SAI.
- Step 4: Unplug and replug your tablet
The steps above usually solve 94% of issues that involve Huion pen and Paint Tool SAI. In the case that you still have a hard time getting your Huion pen to work in SAI, move on to advanced troubleshooting.
Disable Sleep Mode
- Step 1: Press Window + I to open Settings then hit System
- Step 2: Select Power and Sleep tab, choose Related settings, and hit the Additional Power setting
- Step 3: Proceed to pick Change plan settings next to your preferred plan.
- Step 4: Under Change plan settings, select Put the computer to sleep and choose Never. After you finish, click save changes.
- Step 5: Restart your computer and see how things turn out.
Enable “Support TabletPC”
To enable the pen sensitivity, you have to enable Support TabletPC. To enable Support TabletPC, go through the steps down below:
- Step 1: Go to the right side of your taskbar and double-click the driver tablet icon. This will open the Pentablet interface.
- Step 2: Check Support Tablet PC
- Step 3: Open SAI and test out your Huion pen
Drivers play a key role in the communications between computers and devices. Needless to say, if drivers experience issues, devices would go haywire and Huion pen is not an exception. You notice your Huion pen not working in SAI out of the blue? In that case, you may want to update the driver.
Automatic Update (Driver Easy)
By taking advantage of Driver Easy, you could effectively and efficiently update drivers on your computers. If you have Driver Easy on your PC, you could avoid hassles such as determining what system your computer is running, searching for sites to download drivers, etc.
- Step 1: Download and install Driver Easy.
- Step 2: Run Driver Easy, hit Scan now button to detect all problems in the driver.
- Step 3: Click Update all. That will automatically install and download the correct version for drivers on your PC.
To update your drivers manually, you have to uninstall the outdated version from your device. Next, you must visit the Huion support website, locate the driver that matches your PC and download it.
- Step 1: Look for your tablet model on Huion support website.
- Step 2: Hover your mouse over your tablet model icon. You should see two icons: the left is for Windows and the right is for Mac. Proceed to download the driver.
- Step 3: Extract the driver.
- Step 4: Open the extracted folder then double-click the .exe file.
- Step 5: Follow the on-screen wizard to install the driver and restart your computer.
Disable “Enable Windows Ink”
- Step 1: Go to Search bar, type Notepad and hit Enter.
- Step 2: In the blank note, type UseSystemStylus 0 then save the file as PSUerConfig.txt. Next, move the file to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 Settings
- Step 3: Open Huion tablet interface then go to the Stylus Pen tab. Here, uncheck Enable Windows Ink then click Apply > OK
- Step 4: Restart your computer and determine whether the issue persists.
- Put your system in sleep mode to save power.
- When in doubt, restart.
- Keep apps and drivers up-to-date.
What Should I Do When My Pen Loses Pressure Sensitivity Out Of The Blue?
If this happens, go to your Brush settings and look for Min Size. Check the percentage. If it is 100%, change it to 0% to give you the exact pen pressure. But if it is already 0%, then set it again to 100%, close and reopen the program and set it back to 0%.
How Come I Cannot Move The Cursor In SAI?
Uninstall the driver then reinstall it. Once installed, exit the program, reopen it, go to Tablet setting configuration and switch on the Tablet PC. Now, run the graphic tablet as administrator.
What With The Black Screen In The Pen Display?
The black screen may be the result of damage to the power cable. Check out the cable and change it if it is damaged. Next, determine whether the cable is connected properly. Aside from that, you should contact the Huion customer service.
If you are using windows 10, you have to update Huion device drivers then uninstall the graphic tablet drivers on your PC. Also, disable the antivirus before installing the new Huion driver.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.