Following its launch in 2007, Netflix didn’t need long before becoming one of the top streaming platforms. Featuring a user-friendly interface, Netflix allows users to access the content at their leisure. However, since Netflix is far from perfect, it’s not uncommon to see people complaining about aspects of the platform. At the moment, error H7361-1255-8004B897 is a common topic among Netflix complaints.
A Few Fixes
Different issues require different solutions but regarding error H7361-1255-8004B897 on Netflix, try out the following
Think About The Network
In the beginning, it’s strongly recommended that you take a look at the network. You should determine whether the Internet connection is stable as Netflix depends on that. To be thorough, you may want to reset the router at least once. Lastly, you should close the web browser, launch it again, log into Netflix and see how things turn out.
Check Out Maintenance Schedule
For your information, Netflix servers undergo maintenance from time to time. Needless to say, there is no way to use Netflix during maintenance periods. By looking around on the Internet, you should be able to find the maintenance schedule of Netflix. If server maintenance is ongoing, you have no choice but to wait.
Delete The mspr.hds File
- Step 1: Press Win + E to open File Explorer.
- Step 2: Go to drive C:
- Step 3: Type mspr.hds in the search box (upper right corner) and press Enter.
- Step 4: When the search completes, select all the mspr.hds files and delete them.
- Step 5: Launch Netflix again.
- Step 1: Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Step 2: Select Update & Security then choose Check for updates.
- Step 3: If an update is available, allow Windows to update and install it.
- Step 4: As soon as the process completes, restart your computer.
- Step 5: When the screen comes back on, give Netflix one more go.
Get In Touch With Customer Service
None of the above work? In that case, you may want to contact Netflix customer service for assistance.
How Come I Am Not Allowed To Watch A Netflix Series/Film?
If you cannot watch a series or film, there is a good chance your age is responsible. Netflix classifies certain contents to be inappropriate for minors and prevents underage users from accessing them. To view everything on Netflix, you must visit netlix.com/verifyage to verify your age.
Is It Possible To Stream Netflix Content On Safari?
All in all, Safari is not a good web browser for streaming platforms like Netflix. If possible, you should use Firefox, Chrome, and so on to stream Netflix content.
What Should I Do When Netflix Is Not Working?
For Smart TV:
- Step 1: Turn off your smart TV and unplug it.
- Step 2: Proceed to unplug the router
- Step 3: Wait for a moment
- Step 4: Replug your smart TV and the router
- Step 5: Relaunch Netflix.
- Step 1: Close the app and log out
- Step 2: Restart your PC
- Step 3: Launch Netflix again. If the app is still not working, uninstall and reinstall it.
- Note: If you stream Netflix on your web browser, it’s widely advised that you clear cookies.
- Unlock categories: You can actually unlock many categories from the Netflix catalog even if the server only displays some shows based on the algorithm. To unlock categories, all you have to do is to use genre codes. Go to netflix.com/browse/genre/, enter the genre code and you would see hundreds of shows in the category.
- Play Something: There may be times that don’t know what to watch on Netflix because you have gone through everything you like. In that case, you should give Netflix Play Something a go. As the name suggests, Play Something lets you watch a random film or TV series.
- Download Netflix: It’s possible to download as many episodes of TV series and films from Netflix as you like depending on your subscription plan or your phone’s storage size. You can download content via the download feature next to the episode’s description or the Download button under the Play button.
- Watch content in high definition: For optimal viewing experience, you should consider switching to a subscription that enables high-definition streaming. A lot of people opt for Netflix’s HD to take advantage of their Ultra HD TV.
- Choose between subtitles’ fonts: For your information, you could change the font of the subtitle at your leisure. To do so, go to the Subtitle Appearance then pick the font that you prefer.
- Dub: Like watching international films but do not understand their language? Then go to the “Audio & Subtitles” in the options panel and then apply changes.
- Search for content: There are many ways that you can use to find a Netflix film/series. The title of the film or series would do but alternatives exist. For instance, you can search using a celebrity’s name, a category, a plot, or keywords such as “award-winning” or “period pieces.”
- Keyboard shortcuts: If you usually watch Netflix on computers, you may want to remember some keyboard shortcuts for ease of navigation:
- Spacebar or enter: Toggle pause and play.
- Eight or left arrow key: Skip ahead or back 10 seconds.
- Long-press right or left arrow key: Fast forward and rewind in 10-second intervals.
- Up and down arrow key: Raise and lower volume.
- M key: Mute and unmute.
- F key: Toggle full screen on and off.
- S key: Skip the intro of television shows.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.