If you notice that Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting Android randomly, you should turn off Wi-Fi Assistant, Auto Network Switch and Smart Network Switch. Navigate to your WiFi Advanced Settings and toggle the switch of the utilities to disabled. In addition to that, feel free to disable Keep Wi-Fi ON during Sleep, Scanning Always Available, … for good measure. Check out this article and learn what must be done to bring Wi-Fi back to normal.
Grasp the issue
Basically, your Android Wi-Fi will test the Internet connection when connecting to a wireless network or Hotspot. A poor data network is a situation where it keeps disconnecting, reconnecting or switching between different Wi-Fi networks.
The Android Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting problem mainly arises due to the poor Internet connection. However, the incorrect detection of a poor Internet connection on the network is also the culprit of this inconvenience.
Besides, overloaded hotspot at public places is also a common reason why your Android device can be constantly connecting and reconnecting despite the strong signal. The more clients connect to the router, the more possibility you will have Wifi drops and reconnects on your Android phone.
Troubleshoot the issue
To get rid of the problem, you need to change the settings in Wi-Fi Advanced settings on your Android phones or tablets. On other different versions of Android, you just have to do a little troubleshooting.
You have to turn off the settings to allow your Android device to switch away from Wi-Fi network when the Internet connection is bad. Follow the below guidance to switch off settings to eliminate the fluctuating Wifi connection on your Android.
Disable Keep Wi-Fi ON during Sleep
- Head to Settings on your Android device.
- Tap on Wi-Fi option and drag down to see Advanced Settings option. Or you can tap on 3 vertical dots at the top right corner to get to Advanced Settings immediately.
- Tap on Keep Wi-Fi ON during Sleep.
- Select Always from the list that prompts.
At this final step, your Wi-Fi won’t go to sleep if you don’t use it. And that’s how to solve your Wifi disconnecting issue on Android.
Wi-Fi Assistant or Auto Network Switch or Smart Network Switch mode.
- Navigate to Settings in your Android phone.
- Then, tap on Wi-Fi option and then Advanced Settings
- Drag down to look for options: Wi-Fi Assistant or Smart Network Switch or Auto Network Switch. We provide those options as the captions might be different from device to device.
- On a regular basis, they are ON mode. All you need to do is to switch these options OFF.
Finishing this step and your Android problem of switching between Wifi networks is completely solved.
Turn off Scanning Always Available.
- Go to “Settings” of your Android mobile and then tap on Wifi option given.
- Look out the option Scanning Always Available and tap on it.
- Turn the mode ON available on your Android to OFF
The bottom line
This method will solve your “wifi connects then disconnects android” issue as well as scan Wi-Fi Networks for a better Internet connection to automatically connect to that network.
That covers all the feasible solutions to Wi-Fi disconnecting and reconnecting issue on your Android phone. We hope this works for you. If you have any concerns, feel free to let us know by throwing your words below. We will come up with a rational explanation for your problem.
You can update more information by heading to our website milagromobilemarketing.com and reading more related posts here.
Experienced Mobile Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Skilled in Android/Kotlin, iOS/Swift, Node.js/TypeScript. Strong engineering professional strengthening my foundations at Oklahoma State University. My Linkedin: Profile