Where Is Trash Folder on Android?
Sometimes you will run into uncontrollable problems with your Android, such as your children play with it and delete all your important files. This is such a terrible situation which somewhat interrupts the flow of your work and reduce your productivity.
Put your mind at ease as there is a place to store all the trash on Android. So, if you accidentally delete your favorite images on your Android device, and you look for an immediate resolution to recover deleted photos Android, you’ve come to the right place. With this article from milagromobilemarketing, you will know where is trash folder on Android.
- 1 The Android Recycle bin
- 2 Where is the trash folder in Android exactly?
- 3 How to recover the deleted files?
- 4 The bottom line
The Android Recycle bin
Probably because of the limited storage of an Android phone, there is no recycle bin on Android phones. With a small amount of storage, just ranging in 32-256GB, Android is incapable of holding a recycle bin.
The unnecessary files will soon eat up all the storage of the phone. And end up making the android phone crash. Thus, you can’t go to your Android recycle bin and restore deleted files of your wish.
Where is the trash folder in Android exactly?
So, the biggest question arising here is where do the deleted files go if there is no Android recycle bin. Technically, when you delete a file, it is not permanently deleted, which means you can still restore it anytime. It is always stored in the phone’s internal memory, and the space that it used will be marked as readable.
However, the Android device still provides that space of the file for new data. The new one will replace the old to save up the amount of storage on your phone. Hence, you can use a third-party data recovery software for the intended purpose. Follow our detailed instructions below to recover your deleted data.
How to recover the deleted files?
Restore photos from the cloud
Most cloud photo applications (excluding Instagram) provide background image backup. If you turn on this feature, your photos are not permanently deleted. Instead, those files are stored in the cloud backup service and you can restore them anytime you wish.
- To retrieve these photos, login to your cloud application and download.
- In Google Photos, open the image and select Save to device from the menu.
- For Dropbox, go to Export and Save to device.
If you have deleted the image from the backup in the cloud, you cannot restore it from here. Most cloud services use “trash,” which allows you to store deleted files for a specified period.
From Google Photos
- On Google Photos, open the application and select Trash or Bin from the sidebar.
- Click and hold on each image you want to restore, then touch Restore.
- The deleted files will be stored for 60 days.
- Go to Microsoft’s OneDrive, open the application
- Go to Me-> Recycle Bin.
- Select the file and touch the Restore icon.
- OneDrive keeps deleted files for up to 30 days. However, the app will remove those files sooner if your trash is more than 10% of the total storage capacity.
This is all about how to recover deleted photos from Android gallery with the interference of storage services and apps.
Other solutions to how to recover deleted videos from Android without saving on the cloud
Using SD cards
If you don’t back up your photos to the cloud, you can try to recover from the SD card if it’s saved here. You can connect the map to the desktop and use special recovery software to retrieve lost photos.
Deleted files remain only on the memory card until new data overwrite them. Therefore, as soon as you realize that you accidentally deleted the image, remove the memory card from the phone to reduce the risk of overwriting.
Without the SD card on your phone, you can’t use desktop software to scan your phone for deleted files because Android no longer uses the old USB Mass Storage protocol.
Using third-party apps
The excellent free image recovery software that you should count on is EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Here is how to take all your pics back with EaseUS application.
- Connect the memory card to the computer or via the card reader or in the SD slot of the laptop.
- Install and run the Data Recovery Wizard.
- After launching, it will display all available drives so you can restore data, including hard drives and memory cards.
- Select the memory card and click Scan; the software will start scanning the map to find recoverable files. You can recover up to 2GB of data at the same time with the free version.
- This Scan may take 20 minutes or longer, depending on the size of the card and the amount of data on it. But you don’t have to wait until this process ends by selecting Type in the left panel.
- Click Go to the drop-down arrow next to Graphics and select jpg. All images you can restore are displayed in the main window, then choose the photos you want.
- Click Recover Now and select the location on the hard drive to save the image. They will be exported and saved in a separate folder. Now you can copy them back to the phone.
To conclude, above is the instruction that you can apply to recover the photos you have lost. However, the best way to avoid losing your precious pictures and wasting hours looking for where is trash folder on Android in the first place is to automatically upload them to the Android cloud.
If you are keen on this field, visit our website to read more Android-related posts.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.