While the default performance of Moto G4 is adequate, a number of people still desire more so they seek instructions on how to unlock bootloader Moto G4 Amazon. You also want to unlock the bootloader on your Moto G4 Amazon to be able to customize it to your liking but don’t what must be done? Then it’s suggested that you spare some time to check out this article. Down below is everything that you should know about unlocking the bootloader on Moto G4 Amazon.
Unlocking The Bootloader: Summary
Make your way to Settings -> About phone -> Build number then determine whether it says MCG24.251-5-5. If Build number says MCG24.251-5-5, it’s necessary to flash the firmware before unlocking the bootloader.
In the beginning, you should back up your device so you don’t lose data. Next, go to your computer then download and install Minimal ADB and Fastboot as well as Motorola Device Manager. After you finish, proceed to download MCG24.251-5 firmware package. Go through the steps down below to flash the firmware.
- Step 1: Extract the firmware package contents to the installation directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Step 2: Turn off your phone then press and hold Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time to boot into bootloader mode. Release the buttons the moment you see the Android icon.
- Step 3: Connect your phone to your computer then open Minimal ADB and Fastboot via desktop shortcuts.
- Step 5: As soon as Command Prompt opens, type fastboot devices and hit enter. Assuming that your computer manages to recognize your phone, its serial number should appear. Go to the installation directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot then run the file FlashAll.bat to start flashing the firmware. Last but not least, use the Power button to hit Start to boot up your phone normally and set it up as you like.
- Step 1: Download and install Sunshine (link).
- Step 2: Turn on Wi-Fi even though there is no network in the vicinity.
- Step 3: Run Sunshine. Soon, your device is going to reboot and when the screen comes back on, you should see Warning: The bootloader is unlocked.
- Step 1: Make sure that you have Motorola Device Manager, Minimal ADB and Fastboot on your computer then download the latest TWRP .img file.
- Step 2: Rename the file to TWRP.img and move it to the installation directory of Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Step 3: Turn off your phone then boot it into bootloader mode.
- Step 4: Connect your phone to your computer then open Minimal ADB and Fastboot via desktop shortcuts.
- Step 5: In Command Prompt, type fastboot devices and hit enter to see if your computer recognizes your phone. If your computer recognizes your phone, proceed to type flashboot flash recovery TWRP.img and hit enter. Next, navigate to Recovery Mode using Volume Up and Down buttons then press the Power button once. Remember to write access to the system partition, check the never ask this question again checkbox, click Reboot and pick System.
What Is The BootLoader?
The bootloader is in essence responsible for bringing up the kernel on devices. It acts as a security checkpoint by protecting the device’s state and initializing the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) while binding its root of trust. Furthermore, the bootloader confirms the authenticity of the boot and recovery partitions before passing control to the kernel.
Many brands including Motorola lock the bootloader on their devices for security reasons. In times of need, people could still unlock the bootloader to access admin privileges for installing customized programs. However, unlocking the bootloader usually voids the warranty, disables features and functionalities, exposes vulnerabilities, … Because of that, unless you have specific preferences and want to modify your phone, leave the bootloader alone.
Experienced Mobile Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Skilled in Android/Kotlin, iOS/Swift, Node.js/TypeScript. Strong engineering professional strengthening my foundations at Oklahoma State University. My Linkedin: Profile