“There was A Problem With the Network 503” – How to Fix?
Some Android users report that the notice of “There was a problem with the network 503 YouTube Android” sometimes pops up while using the YouTube app on Android devices. In most cases, this error occurs when clicking on a “Watch Later” video.
One strange thing is when the user inputs a keyword and taps on a random video on the search bar, it plays normally. Hence, it is a server-side issue, and the solution to fix this problem is fully explained below.
What is the reason for “There was a problem with the network 503 YouTube Android” error?
From the developer’s reports, the issue happens not only on the Android platform but also on many browsers, computers, and other operating systems. The error reasons can come from the following culprits:
- Cached data corruption – This is the most common problem on Android devices when the cached data folder becomes corrupted. In this case, the optimal solution is clearing the cached data
- “Connection timed out” – This occurs when modifying Access Point Name (APN) from their default setup. It causes the unstableness in accessing data from other servers. The advice is resetting the APN to the default value.
- Server maintenance – Due to the server problem, either planned/unplanned downtime or sudden service outages can affect the network.
- Overlong queue – The breakdown can occur when the YouTube app tries to load the playlist but ends up failing because of the thousand “Watch Later” videos. The easiest way to fix is deleting videos until it hits the 3-figure mark.
Solutions and Recommendations
For the best results, Milagromobilemarketing ordered the following methods by their effectiveness and efficiency.
Removing the videos from the “Watch Later” list on Android
- Step 1: Access to YouTube app from your home screen
- Step 2: Select “Library” on the bottom of the menu
- Step 3: From the “Library” menu, tap on “Watch Later”
- Step 4: Tap the action button associated with each video and select “Remove from Watch Later”.
Denote that if you have an excessive number of videos on the list, the better solution than tapping on every video is adding all of the videos to the “Watch Later” folder. Then, tap the action button in the top right corner and select “Remove watched.”
Clearing cached data
If the video clearance isn’t effective, maybe the issue comes from the user-side. Many Android users report that the error can be fixed by clearing the YouTube’s cache and data. Here’s the quick guide:
- Step 1: From the home screen, tap on “Settings”.
- Step 2: Tap on “Apps,” scroll down to find the “YouTube” icon and tap it.
- Step 3: The YouTube info will appear, then tap on “Storage”
- Step 4: In the “Storage” section, tap on “Clear data” and confirm
- Step 5: When the process finishes, tap on “Clear cache” and confirm
- Step 6: Restart the app and see whether the problem is solved
Resetting APN to reasonable default (if applicable)
This is the last option to consider when the above two methods fail because it is not always relevant and valid. Defaulting APN works sufficiently on Android’s versions of KitKat, Lolipop, Marshmallow, and Nougat. Here’s the step-by-step instruction:
- Step 1: Access to the “Settings” menu and tap on “Mobile data”
- Step 2: Choose your active data connection, then tap on “Access Point Names” (APN settings)
- Step 3: Click to the action button and tap on “Reset to Default”
- Step 4: Restart your phone
If none of the above solutions can resolve the issue of “There was a problem with the network 503 YouTube Android”. You can make contact with both YouTube and your phone developer to explain the issue. Then follow their instructions to fix the problem.
And for the worst case, you can visit www.milagromobilemarketing.com to download another Android video streaming app. Thanks for reading and supporting.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.