Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 is a stylish and great-looking wearable device that is able to connect to and communicate with any Android phone or tablet. However, some users might find it relatively complicated to set up Gear 2 smartwatch on their phone. In the tutorial below, milagromobilemarketing is going to show you how to connect Samsung Gear 2 to any Android device. Read on to get started.
Updating the Gear Manager App
- In order to connect the Galaxy Gear 2 to your Android, you will need to open the Gear Manager application. To do this, tap on the ‘Apps‘ icon from the home screen of your phone.
- Tap on the ‘Samsung‘ folder in the top left on the main page of the application menu.
- Then, you will see an orange icon labeled ‘Gear‘, the Samsung Gear application. Tap one time on the app.
- In the wake of receiving a message indicating that you need to update the Samsung Gear application, tap on it to update the application.
- Once updating has been finished, you will be taken back to the application menu. Here, you tap on the orange gear icon again.
- After tapping on the gear icon, you will be taken to the welcome screen of the Samsung Gear application.
To make sure your Galaxy Gear 2 smartwatch is ready to connect to your Android device, follow the steps in the next part of this guide.
Connecting the Galaxy Gear 2 to any Android mobile phone
- Power up your Samsung Gear 2 smartwatch and then on your Android device, tap once on the ‘Connect to Gear‘ icon. This will allow your phone to locate the Galaxy Gear watch and then establish a connection between Gear 2 and your Android phone.
- The Android system will get back with a pop-up message asking if you would like to allow the Galaxy Gear to access photos, media, and files on your device. Tap on Allow to approve the request.
- Next, you give permission for the Samsung Galaxy Gear to access Android device location, make and manage phone calls by tapping on Allow.
- Next, turn on Bluetooth in order to connect. You will now see the menu refresh as your Gear 2 is connected and additional software is being updated and downloaded to Gear 2. Wait for the action to be completed.
- Tap Done and sign in to your Android account. At this final stage, your Galaxy Gear 2 has now been successfully connected to your Android.
How to use Samsung Gear 2 with any Android phone
- Backing up your data on Gear 2 is the most important step. You need to back-up everything you have right now on Gear 2.
- Factory reset Gear 2 by going to Settings → Reset Gear. Note after this all the data on your Samsung Gear S will be lost when you implementing the action.
- Reboot Gear 2
- Pair Gear 2 with your phone. Enter respectively Settings → Connections → Bluetooth and then finally Make Visible
The Bottom Line
To sum up all the information, milagromobilemarketing has just walked you through the easy-to-follow instruction on how to connect Samsung gear 2 to any Android phone. We hope that this tutorial will work for you. If you have any Android- related questions, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will provide a rational explanation for your problem.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.