Receiving messages on time is important for personal reasons and for business too. Many users have noticed receiving delayed text messages on Android. If you are experiencing the same issue, the solutions given here would fix delayed text messages on Android.
Disable battery optimization for the Message app
Google has implemented several battery optimization features to increase battery backup time. However, it does not always work in your favor and might cause delayed text messages on the smartphone. Disabling battery optimization for the messaging app can resolve this problem.
- Open Settings app on your Android phone
- Scroll down to the battery tab in the list
- Tap the Battery optimization option
- You will find the list of apps selected for the battery optimization feature. Look for Messages app in the list and tap on it
- Select “No Restrictions” to disable Standby Mode and Doze off mode
Depending on the Android OEM brand, you might have different names for battery optimization like battery saver. In that case, you can use the above steps for reference purpose and look for similar options
Remove Restricted Data Usage
If you have enabled data restrictions to limit data use, it might be causing delayed delivery of text messages on Android. In that scenario, you need to enable unrestricted data usage for the timely delivery of messages.
- Navigate to Settings app in your Android phone
- Go to Wireless & networks
- Tap Data usage
- If you have set any data limits, you will see that on the screen and the current amount of data used.
- Tap Smart Data Saver and turn it off
- Tap More data settings
- Look for any monthly data restrictions. You can either remove them completely or increase their monthly limit
Select different Network mode
There is a possibility the network mode is causing delayed text messages on android. In that case, you need to change the network mode supported by your carrier. Here are the steps to follow.
- Go to Settings
- Under Wireless and Networks, tap Sim cards and mobile networks
- In Sim card settings, tap Preferred network type
- In the Preferred network type screen, tap the desired network mode
Reset Network Settings
Over time different network settings like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile data can cause conflicts which may lead to the problem of delayed text messages on Android. In such a scenario, you can reset the network settings to default that can resolve the issue.
- Open Settings app
- Tap More
- In the next screen, tap Reset Wi-Fi, mobile and Bluetooth
- In the next screen, tap Reset Settings option
- The Android operating system will erase all current network settings and the phone will boot with default network settings.
Receiving delayed text messages in Android phones should get resolved by one of the solutions given above. If none of the solutions resolve the issue, contact your carrier and explain the problem. The technical department would be able to see whether you need to make any further changes to network settings to resolve the issue.