Generally speaking, double underline in Google Docs helps highlight sentences and make them stand out from the rest. In most of the cases, double underline is accessible via the designated keyboard shortcuts and menu settings. Read to end to be able to use double underline at your leisure while on Google Docs.
Way to double underline text in Google docs
Let’s see the steps required to double underline the text in Google docs.
- First of all, by using (shift + -) command, you can do single underline any sentence by using your cursor only.
- After a single underline, go to the Format menu and from there, select paragraph and lines option.
- In ‘paragraph and line‘ option, select ‘border and shades‘
- From border and shades, you can choose a horizontal double underline option.
- The selected line will be double-underlined in Google docs.
- You can also select any text by dragging your cursor over them.
- After selecting texts, simply press ‘U’. Then your selected text will be underlined.
- For double underlining, it follows the same above procedure, which is to go in Format and select Paragraphs and lines.
Ways to double underline in Google sheets
Here in Google sheet, no direct option for double underlining is given. But if you have to make double underline in Google sheet, a little trick is required. Here we will see it stepwise.
Steps for double underlining in Google sheets
- First of all, you have to bottom underline any cell in Google sheets.
- For bottom underlining, you will have to go in borders, and from there, select option for bottom underline.
- Once your bottom is underlined, increase the width of that cell.
- After increasing width, now one line will be there in the cell. i.e., bottom underline.
- Now select the cell and go to the Font option.
- From there, select underline, you will find your cell in Google sheets is double underlined.
Way to change underline color in Google Docs
In Google docs option for changing underline color is not given directly, so if you want to change underline color, you have to paste it from somewhere.
Normally for changing underline color in words, you can do it by clicking on the Font menu from there. Then you can select the color. However, in Google docs option for underline color is not given directly only tactics work.
Above we have discovered ways to double underline in Google docs. It was an easy one. We have easily done it by going in Format and paragraph from there. Double underline in Google sheet for the whole-cell option is not provided by Google yet, but we have discovered tactics to do so. For changing the color of underline in Google docs, we have discovered method, i.e., copy-pasting from Paint.
Experienced Mobile Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Skilled in Android/Kotlin, iOS/Swift, Node.js/TypeScript. Strong engineering professional strengthening my foundations at Oklahoma State University. My Linkedin: Profile