Black screen when streaming videos on Android is the common splitting headache facing a group of users. This error provokes a sense of annoyance as it interrupts the flow of the entertainment contents.
It may take a while to track down the exact reasons why the screen goes black when watching videos android. However, with this article from milagromobilemarketing, you can easily grasp the causes and troubleshoot the problem.
What Can Cause Black Screen on your Android?
If the screen suddenly turns dark while watching videos, the explanation could be on your end, or some issues with either the app itself or your internet service provider.
Here are the most common causes of black screens on Android:
- Ad-blocking plugins: Ad-blocker is generally used to avoid watching advertisements on videos, but sometimes things go wrong. When it has gone rogue, it may block the video instead of just blocking the ads.
- Browser problems: Your browser may be out of date, or there may be some type of corrupted data.
- Network problems: Slow internet speeds, or issues with your local network, can prevent videos from loading correctly.
- App mobile problems: The video streaming app is not compatible with your Android version. In this case, you’re experiencing a black screen and no audio on your phone.
Guide to Fix Android Black Screen While Watching Videos
Check ad blocker
Technically, ad blockers are browser plug-ins selectively prevent certain web page elements from loading. When an ad blocker malfunctions, it may allow ads to load or block page elements, like text and video which you focus on when watching entertainment content.
You can check whether your ad blocker is working properly or it is the cause of black screens.
- Open a video on your media server.
- Temporarily disable your ad blocker
- Reload the page, and try to play the video again. If you find that your ad blocker is responsible for videos not playing on your Android, you should check out the list of ad block plug-ins and extensions to see if one of them works better.
Check your browser
Issues with your browser, like corrupted cache data or cookies, could prevent videos from loading. Besides, memory issues with your computer can also lead to black screen issues with playing videos on the internet.
To rule out a problem with your browser, you can follow one of these solutions:
Try reloading the video that doesn’t work.
Log out of your media account.
Close your browser, and restart it.
Check for browser updates, and update your browser if your Android doesn’t have the latest version.
Clear your browser cache and all the cookies from your browser
Disable hardware acceleration in your web browser.
Install a different web browser
Check your Internet connection
If your internet connection is completely down, the entertainment content can’t be loaded at all or at least, partially loaded while leaving elements like videos as useless black boxes.
Here are some things you can try to fix videos black screens on your Android if your problem has to do with your network or internet connection:
- Power cycle your router and modem and then unplug both your modem and router from power for at least 10 seconds before plugging them back in.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, switch to a wired connection or move your Android phone closer to your router.
Check your media server application
In the case when the app displays a black screen instead of playing a video on Android, or you only hear audio with no video component, that usually means there’s some type of problems with the app. This is a common sort of black screen on YouTube.
You can clear the app data or cache, but restart the device to fix the problem
- Clear the app cache for individual apps, or all apps at once.
- Restart your Android device.
- Delete the app, and then reinstall it.
The Bottom Line
Video turning black on Android is a common occurrence that creates uneasiness. But, now with afore-stated solutions from milagromobilemarketing.com, you can quickly fix the error” screen goes black when watching videos android“. Further, if you still have any queries, feel free to connect with us via the comment section. Or you can keep up with the latest update from your webpage.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.