Grasp the problem of Youtube keeps minimizing
Before going into detail the workarounds to tackle the error, you need to scratch on the surface of Youtube minimize Window. This piece of information will lay the solid foundation for your troubleshooting process in the next part of the article.
In the official YouTube app, when you are watching a video, the screen will suddenly go into a windowed box on the bottom right corner of the screen. Then, it takes you back to the home screen. More specific, clicking on the icon within the windowed instance of the video will restore the video to being back within the main app screen. After a few seconds or minutes, still, Youtube fullscreen video keeps minimizing without your press on any buttons or doing any action.
So, why does Youtube randomly minimize the viewing on Android and how to get rid of it? Read on to know the causes of the problem.
- Bugs in the app
If you have a bug in Youtube application, it might end up automatically kicking you out of the full screen of youtube. Primarily, fixing the bugged app is in the hands of Youtube’s developer. However, you can bring your Youtube to its normal routine by keeping your apps updated.
- Over-burdening the CPU
Android phone is built to stand a certain level of usage. Some power users burden the CPU by continuously installing apps that do not ideally qualify for the phone. This creates instability in Youtube, the mandated app causing it to keep minimizing to a small window.
- Picture-in-Picture mode
The mode only becomes active when you switch to another app via the recent apps button or want to use multi-window. In YouTube, when you’re watching a video and you tap the back button to find a different video, the currently-playing video moves to a small box in the bottom-right corner.
How to fix Youtube app keeps minimizing Android
Update the App Version
Your Youtube app must always run their updated version so that any bugs or errors can be fixed in it. You can update the app by following the guidance:
- Go to the Play Store and tap on the menu icon
- Tap on My apps and games
- From the list of installed apps and games, look for Youtube and check if the update button is on.
- After the button is highlighted, you tap on Update. Sit back and the latest version of the app will be installed on your device.
Make Space on Your Device
You can avoid Youtube automatically minimizing on your Android by cleaning up your device and removing those apps that you do not use. Follow the steps:
- From the notifications shade, tap on the Settings icon
- Look for Apps and tap on it
- Drag down to check the apps that you have not used for a long time
- Tap on them and then uninstall or disable them.
Clear app cache and app data
Clearing the data file to reconfigure Youtube might be effective in some cases
- Go to the Settings menu of your Android device and tap on Apps
- Look for Youtube and click on it
- Tap on Clear Cache and then Clear Data and finally, tap on OK when a warning prompts.
Once the cache and data files have been cleared, you will get the chance to start all over again with Youtube Check if this fixes the problem.
Disable Picture-In-Picture mode
YouTube randomly minimize to the home screen with picture-in-picture mini window view could be solved by turning off the mode picture-in-picture. Follow the step-by-step below:
- Pull down the notification shade and tap the gear icon to get into the Settings menu.
- Tap on Apps & Notifications, then go to the Advanced menu by tapping on it.
- Scroll down to see Special App Access and tap on it
- Look for the Picture-in-Picture option, then choose to disable it.
The Bottom Line
To wrap up, we hope that this comprehensive instruction on how to stop youtube vanced keeps minimizing will work for you. You can read more related posts here.
We are always open to your problems, questions, and suggestions; therefore; feel free to leave a comment below. We will come back to you with a rational explanation. Thanks!