SOLVED! - Questions of The Day: Where Are Bookmarks Stored on Android?
Web browsers always have effective tools to help you manage and operate your work on the web effectively. The main bookmark is such a tool.
Sometimes you are surfing on the Internet and catch sight of such interesting information that you want to see it again. However, at that moment you have something else to do and you are afraid of losing that good information. Let Android handle this instead of your memory with where are bookmarks stored on Android. Follow this article of milagromobilemarketing to learn about the use of bookmarks in the browser and how to use them effectively.
What are bookmarks?
Bookmarks with book lovers are small cardboard that is often a present when buying books. Its effect is to mark the page you are reading, making it easy to find in the next reading.
The bookmark on the browser is exactly the same. It helps you bookmark the websites you want and save them in the browser toolbar. Next time, you can easily find it again. Bookmarks save you a lot of time to visit frequently used websites. It will not take you a long time to find and search for the results you want again.
A bookmark is a tool in any technological device nowadays. iPhone, Chrome or Android users can use it easily. Moreover, it is a small plus point for Android is that users can sync these website addresses to the computer or other devices after logging into Gmail account.
How to create a bookmark?
- On your phone screen, there is an application name Browser or Google Chrome. Find and click it.
- When the browser is open, enter on the bar URL the link of the website you want to visit.
- After you have been accessible to your liking, find a small star button on the right corner of the URL bar. Tap on it.
- Once you have tapped it, a new window will appear for you to Add Bookmarks.
- Set the name for the bookmark, maybe your name, the website or the symbol for the link.
- Below the name will be the ‘Address’ of the website. Here, if you have first opened a website and then clicked on add bookmark, it will be already be filled with the web address of the current website. You can also write any other web address you want to add.
- Tap on the ‘Save’ and your bookmark will be saved
- It will also appear a bar of a folder. Choose the section you want this link included.
How can you open it again
- Again, open your browser. This is where your bookmark is stored.
- On the right corner of the URL bar, click on the star symbol
- Tap on the Bookmarks and you will see all your links have been saved
- Tap on any bookmark and it will direct you the website.
Normally when you mark a page, the title of the page will save the bookmark along with the web link, which makes it easy to track and search. But if you have too many bookmarks, you should collapse them. Here are the tips for you to follow:
- Tap on the link that you need to collapse and then choose edit.
- Delete all the names or shorten them, and then save it all to finish. Now the page you mark takes not too much space on the bookmark bar.
Where are bookmarks stored on Android to delete?
If you don’t like some bookmarks anymore and want to delete them, here is some information you need to know. The bookmarks are located in your user directory in the path “AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default.” If you want to modify or delete the bookmarks file for some reason, you should exit Google Chrome first. Then you can modify or delete both the “Bookmarks” and “Bookmarks.bak” files. But remember, you cannot recover it after deleting.
In conclusion, the bookmarks are very effective for keeping every useful data. You will access your favorite websites easier and more convenient. As long as the data you want to save has a link, you can bookmark all of them on the Internet. What a beautiful tool. If you want to know more about the bookmark, don’t hesitate to visit our website.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.