Once it comes to Nova Launcher App Drawer missing, the Dock icons setting is usually the root of the problem. To get the App Drawer back, it’s strongly recommended that you check out the Dock icons setting. If the issue persists, you could take advantage of Nova Action to get the App Drawer to appear. Read to the end to be able to get the most out of the Nova Launcher as well as its App Drawer.
The Number One Suspect: Dock Icons
For your information, in Nova Launcher, the App Drawer is located in the third position by default. That means if you set the Dock Icons setting to either 1 or 2, there is no way the App Drawer could appear. On the bright side, there is no need to do much to return the App Drawer to the screen. The process of bringing back the App Drawer is no-nonsense as well so everyone could carry it out by themselves.
A Few Fixes
Via The Dock Icons Setting
- Step 1: Long-press an empty space on the screen then tap Settings to open Nova Settings.
- Step 2: Select Home screen, choose Dock and hit Dock icons.
- Step 3: Set Dock icons as 3.
Via Nova Action
- Step 1: Long-press an empty space on the screen, tap Widgets and hit Nova Action.
- Step 2: Soon, a menu is going to appear featuring the App Drawer as the first option as well as around thirty other options.
- Step 3: Once you have selected the App Drawer, feel free to move it to a spot of your choosing.
A Guide For Novices
- Backup settings: Nova Prime allows you to back up your home screen layout and App Drawer settings to the cloud. This can be useful if you need to transfer your settings to a newly acquired Android device.
- Reset the launcher: If you encounter problems with Nova Launcher or want to start fresh, you can reset the launcher to its default settings. This will remove all customizations and restore the default layout and settings.
- Enable Dynamic badges: Dynamic badges are notification dots that appear on app icons to indicate the presence of a notification. You can enable this feature in Nova Launcher to keep track of your notifications. This gives you a sneak peek of the notification without having to view it entirely.
- Lock the home screen layout: Sometimes, while using your phone with the screen on, you might notice that some icons have been moved or removed from the home screen. This can be frustrating, as you may not know which app has gone missing. For good measure, you can lock the layout of your home screen to prevent accidental changes or rearrangements.
- Search quickly with Sesame: Sesame is a search utility that can be accessed from the home screen or App Drawer to search for apps or other content on your device quickly.
What Is The App Drawer?
The App Drawer is a feature on Android devices that allows people to access all of the installed apps from a single location. In most of the cases, Android users could access the App Drawer by swiping the screen from the bottom to the top. Alternatively, it’s possible to open the App Drawer by hitting the App Drawer icon. The App Drawer is usually organized alphabetically to ease the process of finding one specific app among others but the order is configurable.
Depending on your preferences, you could sort apps in the App Drawer according to the following criteria:
- Last installed: This will arrange the apps in the App Drawer based on when they were installed which results in the most recently installed apps appearing first.
- Alphabetical order: This will arrange the apps in the App Drawer in alphabetical order. That results in apps that begin with numbers or special characters appearing first, followed by apps that begin with A, B, C, …
- Frequently used: This will arrange the apps in the App Drawer based on how often they are used. That results in apps used more frequently appearing first.
Does Nova Launcher Support System Gesture Navigation?
It is not possible for Nova Launcher, and third-party launchers in general, to enable gesture navigation if the system does not support it. The system determines that feature and depends on the device manufacturer. Devices running on Android 11 and later should allow gesture navigation with third-party launchers, but there may be differences in behavior compared to using the native launcher.
What Makes Nova Launcher Popular?
Nova Launcher is a solid home screen replacement that has been around for many years. It has a reputation for offering a wide range of customization options that allow you to tailor the user experience to your preferences. One of the standout features of Nova Launcher is the level of control it gives you over the grid and icon sizes and the number of icons you can place on the dock. This makes it easy to create a home screen that is either cluttered or clean, it’s all up to you.
Last but not least, Nova Launcher allows you to adjust the animation speeds or turn them off, which can make the app more responsive and snappy.
Experienced Mobile Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Skilled in Android/Kotlin, iOS/Swift, Node.js/TypeScript. Strong engineering professional strengthening my foundations at Oklahoma State University. My Linkedin: Profile