Some of you may be learning the Japanese language now, so there is a great way to hone your language skills in terms of speaking, reading and writing Japanese is to put it to practice. Specifically, you can talk to people who are also learning Japanese. Besides, you can also enhance your language ability by reading Japanese books and comics. Speaking of writing Japanese, you had better try to write Japanese sentences and short stories. In fact, you can take advantage of using the social network by writing Japanese captions when posting photos to Facebook and Instagram. Even more, you can also tweet in Japanese with ease by using a Japanese keyboard on your Android device. With regards to that, you must first install the Japanese keyboard and learn how to type Japanese characters on your Android smartphone. This writing will guide you on how to use the Japanese keyboard on Android in great detail.
Why do you need to use Japanese keyboard?
- Type Japanese characters in dictionary apps you have when searching for Japanese words.
- Let you write text and email in Japanese language.
- Browse more easily for Japanese websites on engines like Google. Moreover, search for and watch Japanese videos on YouTube, or even buy Japanese products on sites in Japan.
This writing discusses using Japanese keyboard for Android in a easy way.
How to type Japanese keyboard on Android
I am basing this guide on my own experience with a Google Pixel, but the steps may be relatively similar for other Android devices. If any steps are not working for you, please leave us a comment, and we will try to help.
1. From Home screen, enter to Settings section, and then you tap on System
2. Next, you tap on Language and Input
3. Then you tap on Languages. Press Add a language later
4. Now you select the Japanese language. Depending on your phone, Japanese may be listed as “Japanese,” but it may also be listed in kanji as日本語 (Nihongo)
5. Then you have Japanese language on your Android phone.
Switch Japanese keyboard on
- On your Android phone or tablet, open message or any services that you can type with, like Gmail.
- Tap where you can write text.
- At the bottom of the keyboard, touch and hold Globe .
- Tap the Japanese language.
A note for typing in Japanese with Android phone
Because Japanese has three writing systems which are hiragana, katakana, and kanji. By default, Android system will install the hiragana writing system after you added Japanese language on your Android phone. However, you are able to switch among two options on both the Kana- and the Romaji-style keyboards of shifting a word to katakana or kanji.
Your Android mobile will suggest kanji and/or katakana styles along the top of the keyboard, and you can choose the suitable one. Or you switch the suggestions to the left to check other suggestions, or simply press enter if you want the keyboard to remain in hiragana. Furthermore, you can type phrases this way as well. Nevertheless, with longer phrases, the phone may not guess all of the kanji accurately, or you may have to correct a few words manually.
Be careful with homophones in Japanese! If two words are presented with the same hiragana but different kanji. For example, you are likely to type “I went to see a rock” while you want to say “I went to see a doctor”.
By following these aforementioned steps, now you are ready to text, type, and search on your Android phone in Japanese. We hope that this tutorial was helpful.
Head to website milagromobilemarketing.com for more information.