How to Retrieve a Deleted Post on Facebook
Whether you accidentally deleted a post you shared on Facebook or really intended to remove it from your profile, there will likely come a time when you will regret doing so and find yourself wanting to undo the action and retrieve it.
Unfortunately, Facebook support says that when you delete a post from your account, it is not only removed from your device and app, but also from the social network’s servers. The good news is, there are still some ways for you to retrieve a deleted post on Facebook.
Retrieving your deleted Facebook post
Recovering your deleted posts on Facebook is not as easy as when you deleted it but you can follow the steps below.
Find the original post
Sharing other people’s posts on Facebook is not a new thing. If the post you want to retrieve is something you shared, you can track down the original post by doing a search in the search bar at the top of the Facebook website or app.
If you remember the name of the person who originally shared the post, you may search for their profile. It’s okay if you don’t as you may search for keywords and scroll through the results page until you find what you’re looking for.
Check your emails
If you turned your Facebook email notifications on, you may retrieve the copy of the post you’ve deleted from your email inbox.
If you can still remember the exact or some of the keywords from the post, you can type it in the search bar in your email. Otherwise, you can simply perform a search for the word, “Facebook.”
Downloading your Facebook information
If the two methods above did not help, you can try downloading your information from your Facebook account instead. This method can also be used for creating backups.
- Log in to your Facebook account and go to Settings (the Settings button in the top right corner).
- On the top left part of the page, click on Your Facebook Information and then click the View button on the right part of Download Your Information option.
- Under Request Copy, you may modify the date range and select the date when your post was shared. Make sure you modify the date as the default will download all your data, and downloading these may take some time depending on how much data you have in your account. You may also choose the file format (HTML or JSON), and the media quality.
Under Your Information, select the data you want to download from Posts to Photos and Videos, Comments, Likes and Reactions, and more.
- Click on Create File and wait until your file is ready. While waiting for your file to generate, you may leave the page or close the window. Facebook will notify you once your file is ready for download.
- Click on the notification and you will be routed to a page where you can download the file. Just click on Download and wait for it to finish.
- The fie will be automatically saved to your Downloads folder in your laptop or computer. Just open it, and look for the post you wanted to retrieve.
Retrieving deleted Facebook posts may not be that easy, but it is possible. If you often find yourself wanting to retrieve a post you deleted, you may want to consider just changing the privacy settings to Only Me, or hide the post from your timeline. This way, the post will always be available for you to see if you need it.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.