How to quickly get rid of extra spaces in Word
Many times, when we convert any document in Word form, unwanted extra spaces may arrive, which reduces the readability of the document. Also, it is a burden on the environment as printing a hardcopy will consume much paper needlessly.
In that case, To remove extra spaces in Microsoft Word features are already provided in Microsoft Word. The procedure for removing multiple extra blank spaces in Word Document 10, 13, and 16 is basically alike. In this article, we will focus on eliminating extra spaces between words, lines, and paragraphs.
Removing extra spaces between words in Microsoft Word is very important for reducing sentence size and enhancing readability. Here are ways to get rid of extra spaces between words in Word.
Steps for removing extra white spaces between words in Word
- First, the para marker icon is used to mark all the blank spaces between words. Spaces between each word will be displayed with the help of dots.
- Press Ctrl + A to select lines of the document.
- Once part of the document is selected, click on the find and replace option.
- Since the spaces between words are displayed by using dots, you must select a number of dots in the find box to recognize extra spaces. Suppose you consider more than two dots is an extra space, then write more than 2 dots in the symbol.
- After that, in the Replace option, write more than two dots, and apply. As per your preference, you can choose whether you want to edit the whole document or an only selected portion.
Using the above methods, you will get rid of extra spaces between words in word, and your document will become more readable.
How to get rid of extra spaces between lines in Word?
Extra spaces between lines will make your article or document look ugly. The reader will soon lose his interest, so it’s important to fix this problem. Here we will talk about steps for removing extra space between lines.
- For reducing space between lines, click on an icon paragraph and lines.
- By clicking there, you can see the current space between your lines.
- Please select the appropriate space and click on it, then extra spaces will be removed.
Methods of removing extra spaces between lines in Word 13, 10 & 16 are still the same.
How to get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs in a word?
Many a time, while we convert a large document into Word. Page breaks and paragraph breaks occur automatically. These things, sometimes, disrupt the meaning of the document.
In order to remove extra spaces between paragraphs, you have to follow few steps:
- Go to the paragraph launcher menu from their select option of joining page break and click on it to remove extra spaces between page break.
- You can also use the backspace key option, but you have a large document, then it would be time-consuming.
- For deleting extra spaces between paragraphs of a long document using find and replace.
- You can use line and spacing command feature to control extra spaces between paragraphs.
In the article, we have discussed several practical methods, by which you can straightforwardly get rid of extra spaces between words, lines, and paragraphs. No longer do you have to face annoying blank space in Word, as our tech team is here to help you tackle the problem.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.