How to Get SD Card out of Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung brought back the microSD card in a not so familiar manner when they released the Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge. Unlike most smartphones nowadays in which storage is not expandable, the Galaxy S7 still allows you to move your apps and files over to an inserted SD card for up to 200 GB. If you are coming from an older Samsung Galaxy device, you may be surprised to know that the old SD card slot is no longer where it used to be so we thought we’d share with you how to insert or get SD card out of your Galaxy S7 smartphone.
The catch with the Samsung Galaxy S7 is that its SIM card tray now also includes the SD card slot. The SIM tray (for a nano-SIM card) is located on the top of the phone and can be opened using a SIM eject tool that usually comes with the phone when you buy it.
Inserting and removing the SD card from your phone
- For you to be able to remove your SD card from your phone, you need a SIM card eject tool. One should come with your phone when you buy it. You may also use a paperclip, a twist tie, or an earring if you don’t have one available.
- Look for the SIM card tray. It should be on the top left corner when the phone us facing upward (or you).
- Don’t be confused as there are two holes on top of your phone. The right one should be in line with the letter “S” on the Samsung logo.
- Insert the SIM eject tool or any to you are using in the hole and press firmly but gently. Once you are done, the SIM card tray should pop out.
- Once the SIM card tray popped out, carefully pull the tray out of the phone. Remember to do it gently as the SIM card tray is made out of plastic and it is possible to break it if you are not careful. If you break it, do not insert it as you may damage your phone.
- Once the SIM card tray is out, flip it over and gently press the SD card with your finger to fall out. Remember to do it on a table so you won’t lose it.
- Once finished, turn the SIM card tray over. Make sure that the writing or labels on the SIM card tray are facing upward and then place it into your phone. The hole in the SIM card tray should be aligned with the hole on the phone. Gently push it inside until you hear a gentle click.
To insert your SD card back to your phone, just repeat the steps. Make sure that the gold plates in your memory card are facing down as you may damage it if you insert it the wrong way.
Note: The Samsung Galaxy S7 only has two card slots in the SIM card tray. This means that if you need to use two SIM cards at the same time, you will not be able to use an SD card. If you need to expand your phone memory and use a memory card, you will have to remove the second SIM.
The Samsung Galaxy S7 has a new feature which made the second SIM card and the SD card slot the same. This means that you can only use either two SIMs at the same time, or one SIM and an SD card. Be sure to be gentle when removing the SIM card tray as it is made of plastic and may break easily.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.