How to Enable Bluetooth in Your Samsung Smart TV
Most of us are already using smart televisions but not all are maximizing its features. Did you know that you can pair other devices to your Samsung smart TV like headphones and speakers? All you have to do is enable the Bluetooth on your Samsung smart TV.
Setting up your Samsung Smart TV and connecting it to another Bluetooth device is as easy as pairing a Bluetooth device with your smartphone. The only difference is this time, you will be using a remote control and not your phone.
How to pair a Bluetooth device with your Samsung smart TV
- Open the Connection Guide on your TV. To do this, all you have to do is get your remote and look for the Source button. A menu should pop up. From the Source menu, select the Connection Guide. This guide will help you with the process of connecting new devices to your smart TV if they are not automatically detected when you plug them in. The fourth option in the menu will show a speaker, which will pull up several audio connection options.
- Activate the pairing mode. Activating pairing mode in your Samsung smart TV is as easy as pairing your device with a smartphone. Once you activate it, a list of available connections should appear.
If the device you want to pair with does not show up in the list of available devices or connections, you can just simply click on the refresh button. This will prompt your Smart TV to scan again for available Bluetooth devices.
- Select the device you want to pair with. Select the device name that corresponds to your headphones, speakers, or the Bluetooth device you want to pair with your Smart TV and select the Pair and connect button. Just wait for it to load and your device should automatically connect to your Smart TV.
Note: It is important that you remember the device name of the Bluetooth device you are trying to connect with your Smart TV. When you turn Bluetooth on, other devices in which Bluetooth setting is turned on will also be detected. You would not want to connect someone else’s device to your TV.
Once the pairing is done, you will see a notification on your TV screen that pairing is complete.
- Find your Bluetooth device in the available outputs list. Once your Bluetooth device is paired with your Smart TV, the name of the device will show up under the available sound output options on your TV.
If you want to disconnect the Bluetooth device from your Smart TV, all you have to do is simply switch the output back to your TV’s internal speakers or to another device available in the range.
Not sure if your Samsung TV has Bluetooth?
If you are not sure whether or not your Samsung TV has Bluetooth, do not worry as it is easy to find out.
- Check the model of your Samsung TV and Google its specs. The results should show if TV is Bluetooth capable.
- Check your remote control. If your Samsung TV came in with a Smart Remote, then it should be a Smart TV and probably supports Bluetooth connection.
- Check the Settings menu on your TV and navigate to Sound, and Sound Output. If you see an option that says Bluetooth Speaker List, that means your TV is Bluetooth capable.
- Your TV manual should also contain information about the specs of your TV.
It is so easy to turn on the Bluetooth setting on your Samsung smart TV. By enabling this, you will be able to connect other devices to your TV like a Bluetooth headset, or speakers. If you find this article useful, don’t forget to leave a comment below and stay tuned for our next helpful posts!
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.