When there are thousands of amazing apps on Fire TV, it becomes obvious that you might prefer new apps rather than one you have already used — knowing the importance of memory in here. Why do you need to keep such no more needed apps when you can delete it?
No matter what the reason is, whether it is due to a technical problem of an app or a need for space. Thanks to convenient services provided by Amazon, deleting apps from Fire TV seems straightforward.
It’s important to know that you can’t delete Preinstalled apps on your device. Because these Preinstalled apps are provided by Amazon for user convenience only. Besides, if there’s any chance for you to uninstall your Preinstalled apps, you have to root your device instead—which is not highly recommended.
How to uninstall apps from firestick/fire tv?
Here it’s given the simple & step by step procedure which you can follow.
Hold down the button having a picture of the home on your FireTV remote.
You will get a screen showing sleep, apps, and settings.
- Select the Apps option.
Now you can see all of your apps on your screen.
- Now select an app you want to delete.
- Then Go to options at button right side of your screen.
- Select the uninstall option.
That’s it!! You have successfully uninstalled an app that you no longer wanted.
How to permanently delete apps on your Amazon firestick/fire tv?
Sometimes, an app doesn’t go away that easy. Or some remnants of it still remain on your Firestick.
Here, it’s given a simple way to do it.
- Hold the button you used earlier.
You will again see those options of sleep, apps, and settings.
- Click the settings menu.
You will see a bunch of options here from notifications, network, equipment control, etc.
- Select applications. You will see the down bar menu.
- Select Managed installed applications.
Now you will see all the apps on your firestick or FireTV.
- Now simply click on an app that you don’t want to have.
- Select clear data and cache, if you want your app as new.
- Select the uninstall option. Then you have completely deleted an app now.
How to delete the app from cloud storage of Amazon firestick/fire tv?
Amazon provides brilliant user convenience, therefore several apps get saved in your cloud storage. This is for the ease of use for further and future purposes.
If you don’t want it, you can delete it too.
- Hold down the same button on your remote.
- Select apps.
- You will see the downloader option underneath your Amazon app screen.
If your cloud storage is on, you will see a grey cloud over it.
- Simply click the downloader option.
- Select Remove from cloud storage.
Congrats!! Now you have removed that app completely.
If you want or know that you can or will change your device, then this cloud storage proves very helpful. And if not, then you can remove it.
Amazon provides an amazing way of entertainment in the form of firestick with thousands of apps. So, use that storage efficiently for your favorite apps & sit back and enjoy.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.