How to Buy Ringtones on Android
Buying Ringtones on android can be quite tricky; unlike Apple which simply involves purchase from the iTunes store.
Most users get tired of the preset ringtones which come with their mobile devices as it might be difficult to distinguish if you are the owner of an incoming call or text message especially if you are in another room and you hear a phone ringing but you don’t want to go through the stress of walking just to find out it isn’t your phone which was ringing in the first place also you might just be bored of listening to the same ringtone always.
There are many ways in which android users can add ringtones to their android devices, in this tutorial we would take you through steps on how to buy ringtones.
Buy Ringtone From Google Play
Android users like iPhone users have a specific app for buying music, sounds, videos. This is known as Google Play, Google, however, does not however set a time limit to the song downloaded, unlike the iTunes store, so the downloaded song will have to play till the song stops.
Steps involved in buying Ringtones from Google Play;
- Sign in to your google account
Make sure you’re signed in to your Google account on your android device, this can be done by going to https://play.google.com/music
- Click on the Menu Bar
From selecting the Menu bar, “Move to Music Library”, then to “Songs”, and click on “Shop”
- From the shop music option, you will find that every music is categorized and every song as its price; which will be displayed in front of it. You can also search for the song you want if you know the title.
- After your download has been completed, you would need to connect your USB cord to your android phone, an icon will come up on your windows find the “Ringtones” folder, then drag the downloaded file to the “Ringtones” folder on your android phone.
Buy Ringtone From Amazon
Amazon is one of the foremost online platforms for shopping for different categories of items such as books, music, Videos, accessories, tools, hardware, software, gadgets, etc.
Songs can be bought online directly from the amazon website, after doing this the songs can then be moved to your android device. After successfully moving the song to your android device you can set it as a ringtone. Amazon also allows users to download ringtone apps from there the ringtones can then be directly downloaded from.
This app also makes it available for android users to download ringtones from their website. It also allows users to set the ringtones bought to be set as the default ringer for any type of notification. Another amazing feature this app allows is the assigning of specific ringtones to a particular contact on your contacts list. To start this service on the Verizon tones, users will have to subscribe to ringback tones, this will activate your ringback tone service.
- Tap the search icon to locate your particular genre, artist or song
- Select your Preferred Tone/ Tone of Interest
- Preview the Tone you wish to buy clicking on the play Icon
- Tap “BUY” to purchase the tone, you will be given different purchase options
- Tap “YES BUY” to confirm
I hope our article will help you figure out the best song to set up as your ringtone for your Android device.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.