FIXED! - How to Add A Home Button for Firefox in Less Than 5 Minutes.
As you may have already noticed in Firefox for desktop, the Home button is defaulted to appear in the toolbar. However, the pattern is reversed with its mobile counterpart. Therefore, if you wish to see the Home button on your Firefox mobile browser, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, the tech team of milagromobilemarketing.com will instruct you to add a home button for firefox android.
- 1 Why do we need to have a home button?
- 2 How to show home button on Firefox in Android
- 3 How to update, change options or remove add-ons when updating Firefox for Android
- 4 The bottom line
Basically, browsers offer different ways to access webpages quickly. From the home page, you can access the Internet by clicking on the home button on the address bar. At this point, the home button accelerates the speed of web surfing as well as allows users to customize the home page. For desktop, most browsers including Chrome, Edge, and Firefox have a home button on the left side of the address bar while a typical IE11 has it on the right hand of the screen.
Follow the comprehensive guide below to have the home icon of Firefox on Android mobile.
- On your Android device, you open or launch the Firefox application. This means that Firefox browser should be pre-installed on your mobile.
- Next, copy this link https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/home-button-for-ff-on-android/ and on your Firefox mobile browser, open it. You got no skeptical thoughts as it is provided by the Firefox official website.
- You will be taken to the download page of “Home Button”, a free add- on for Firefox in Android.
- On the Home Button page, you tap the icon that says “Add to Firefox” and click “Install”
- After the establishment, from the home page of Firefox, you open a new blank tab and then on the address bar, type the chunk: about:addons then press “Go” to continue.
- This action will take you to the Add-ons tab, then you select “Home Button” to configure it. With the said add-on, you got almost everything in your palm, ranging from setting Home button to open your browser home page in a new tab, closing the current tab with a long press to set a custom home page instead of the default about:home. In the meanwhile, you can also customize your Android Home icon by choosing to use a bigger Home Button on Android.
- At the final step, you return to the Add- ons tab by pressing the back button.
So that’s all about how to get a Home button for Firefox search engine on Android mobile phones without the need to restart your browser. You can immediately have the Firefox’s Home button for android on the right side of your address bar. Press on it and Firefox will automatically take you back to your home page regardless of the tab or site that you’re on.
How to update, change options or remove add-ons when updating Firefox for Android
To update your add-ons on Android phone
You can put your mind at ease because when you update Firefox for Android, your add-ons will be automatically updated to compatible versions if available when you update Firefox for your Android phone.
To temporary disable or permanently uninstall an add-on on Android phone
To change these options, you can follow the guide below:
- You tap the Menu button to return to your add- ons screen, then select ( you may need to tap first), and finally click on .
- You tap an installed add-on on your Android to reveal its and Uninstall buttons.
- At this step, you can choose to tap either to deactivate the add-on temporarily or to remove the add-on entirely.
- Finally, you restart your browser if prompted.
Visit our official web page: milagromobilemarketing.com for more detailed information and see more articles here. Or you can leave a comment on your problems and give feedback as you wish. We will get back to you with a rational explanation.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.