Avast Virus Definition is one of the best free antivirus choices for users. It’s famous for its effectiveness and stability, but there are some problems which have troubled users for a while, such as the Avast update. So, in today’s article, we have prepared several working solutions for the ‘Avast Virus Definition Update Failed Android‘ problem. Keep reading this post and try them out one by one before giving up.
About Avast Virus Definition on Android
Avast Virus Definition has been a household name when it comes to desktop anti-virus software. But, now you also own this free, high-end security on your Android smartphone. This software can protect your phone from dangerous apps, inform you about their permissions. Moreover, Avast Virus on Android helps you find your lost phone. So, it’s considered as the best antivirus package for Android.
Recently, the latest Avast update has been released and certainly, you and a lot of other Android users may want to update Avast Antivirus. Unluckily, many people have reported that Avast Virus Definition Update Failed Android. We have tried a bunch of ways on a wide range of Android devices, then wrap up several methods that can work for most devices, as follows.
(Note that all methods below are performed on Galaxy J7)
Solution 1: Clear Google Play Store cache and data
Sometimes, the system update of Avast Virus Definition may fail if there’s a problem with the Google Play Store app. To troubleshoot this error, you can attempt to wipe all cache first, or, clear its data to return it to its factory settings.
How to clear an app’s cache:
- Navigate to the Settings app on your Android device.
- Tap Apps or Apps & Notification option.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the upper right to select More settings.
- Then, tap on Show system apps.
- Tap on the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Storage, and Clear cache button.
- After all, restart your phone and check for the problem.
Solution 2: Corrupted system cache
In fact, a corrupted system cache of the Avast Virus app can also prevent the installation of its system update, or cause the installation itself to stop altogether. To solve the system cache problem, simply try clearing the cache partition on your phone and see what happens.
- Turn off the Android device.
- Simultaneously, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power key to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Until the green Android logo displays, release all keys. Remember that ‘Installing system update’ will appear for about 30 – 60 seconds prior to showing the Android system recovery menu options).
- Use the Volume down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition’, then press the Power button to select it.
- Press the Volume down key until you see ‘yes’, then press the Power button.
- Wait for the wipe cache partition is complete.
- Now, “Reboot system now” is highlighted, just press the Power key to restart the device.
Solution 3: Factory reset
If these above cannot help you update Avast virus definitions, an inevitable solution is to wipe your phone and return your phone back to the default with a factory reset. To factory reset your Galaxy J7:
- First, create a backup of your data, then turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Home key + Power key.
- When seeing the green Android logo, you release all keys
- Now, press the Volume down button many times to highlight ‘wipe data/factory reset’.
- Just press the Power button to select it.
- Press the Volume down key to choose ‘Yes — delete all user data’.
- Press the Power button to select and start the factory reset.
- When done, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Just press the Power key to restart your phone, and restore your backed-up data.
Engage with us
Hopefully, with these methods above, you can fix the ‘Avast Virus Definition Update Failed Android‘ issue. If you find this article helpful, help us by spreading the word to your friends. Don’t forget to visit milagromobilemarketing.com for more details.
Also see: How to Disable Front Camera Android
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.