If your computer is stuck in a Windows 10 login screen loop“, it means that system startup settings have become corrupted and to fix that, you must refresh the device. Aside from that, you can make use of startup repair, start the PC in safe mode, unplug external devices and so on. Spare a bit of time to check out this article and bring your computer back to normal.
Method 1: Solve windows 10 login screen loop by “Refresh option”
This method works for most computers, but here are a few things you should take into account before following it:
- Only after an update or system reinstallation can you use this method.
- Make sure that your laptop is not connected to the internet.
- “Refresh option” will not clear all data you have on the computer, however, any programs installed will be lost.
Now we shall begin:
- Power off the laptop
- Power on the laptop
- When you see the rotating loading circle, just press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
- Repeat step 3 a few times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
- Let the laptop boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
- Click Advanced Options and then select Troubleshoot.
- Here, select Refresh your PC
- Now just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.
So with 8 steps above, you can solve the login loop.
Method 2: Solve windows 10 login screen loop by Running a Startup Repair
The Startup Repair can repair the files necessary for the startup of your computer, to perform this method, you need to have a Windows 10 installation media, like a USB drive or a DVD. Then, you should follow these steps:
- First, put the installation media into your computer, then boot your computer from the media.
- Select the language and region
3. After that, click Repair your computer.
4. Select Troubleshoot
5. Select Startup Repair
6. Select Windows 10
7. After the Startup Repair complete, restart your computer and see if the windows update loop is solved.
Method 3: Turn on Safe Mode to solve windows 10 login screen loop
This is another method you should try if the two above don’t work. You can get this mode by press F12 button when restarting your computer.
Then go to Choose an option -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options and here is the interface of it:
Next, choose Go back to the previous build and then your computer will get back to the previous settings which you have successfully started your computer to fix this Windows 10 cannot get past lock screen issue.
Method 4: Unplug external types of equipment of your windows 10 computer
The device incompatibility can also lead to a computer’s lock screen loop, you can have a try by unplugging the external types of equipment of your computers like CD, mouse, keyboard, USD or voice box. Then you should restart the computer and test.
To sum up, Windows 10 login screen loop isn’t a big deal so don’t worry about it. Milagromobilemarketing has shown you 4 most effective ways to solve windows 10 login screen stuck, if you have any questions related to this topic feel free to let us know by leaving comments. Thanks for reading!
Experienced Mobile Developer with a demonstrated history of working in the computer software industry. Skilled in Android/Kotlin, iOS/Swift, Node.js/TypeScript. Strong engineering professional strengthening my foundations at Oklahoma State University. My Linkedin: Profile