About Android Notification Dots not working, there may be a conflict between the notification and the operating system. To take care of the issue, you need to restart notification dots. Furthermore, it’s wise to consider disabling battery optimization, turning off Do Not Disturb mode, wiping cache partition and so on. This article could show you how to carry out the solutions so read to the end.
Fix the error notification dots stop working
Restart the notification dots
This problem may come from the conflict between notification service and the Android system. So, try to disable and enable again the notification dots service.
To reset the notification dots for whole apps, follow these steps
- Open the Settings
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps & notifications.”
- Select Notification option
- Now to reset the service, switch toggle OFF then ON the notification dots option.
Do you want to activate the notification dots for only a specific app? It’s easy, just take a follow the direction below
- Go to Settings
- Select “App & notifications”
- Choose the “App info” and then tap on the App you want to turn on/off notifications dots.
- Select “App notifications” and turn on or off the notification dots.
Disable the battery optimization
For the Android Oreo version, the manufacturer added the battery optimization based on AI. This function aims to maintain battery life, and it can automatically turn off the unexpected apps running in the background.
However, this new feature hasn’t worked properly enough, and it can cause the error on the Android system. And one of the issues is the android oreo notification dots stop working.
Select Settings then choose the Battery option to turn off the Battery Adaptive for all apps. However, this work can harm to your battery life.
So it’s better if you disable the Battery Adaptive for only some specific apps on your device.
- Going to Setting, choose the Apps & Notifications
- Select the app you want to disable the Battery Adaptive
- Tap on Advanced, then select battery
- Finally, tap Battery optimization and turn of the Battery Adaptive on the app.
Check the Do Not Disturb mode
Do Not Disturb mode allows the user to block all notifications except some specific ones. Of course, you can choose the app receiving the notification dots.
For some reason, you may have accidentally activated it, or the Android system has an error and automatically activate the mode.
- To turn off the Do Not Disturb mode, go to the Setting section
- Tap on Sound and Notification
- Scroll down and search for the Do Not Disturb option, tap on it and turn it off.
Do the wipe cache partition
If this problem happens continuously after you have tried all the solutions above, then you have to do the wipe cache partition. This option can solve any problems on the Android system. However, it will reset and clear all the messenger as well as the data of all the apps
To do the wipe cache partition, follow the guide
- Power off your phone, then hold the keystroke power button and volume down (For Samsung device, you have to hold one more home button).
- A new interface comes out, you use the volume up/down button to control, and the power button to select the option.
- Choose the wipe cache partition.
With all the tricks mentioned above, we believe that you can solve the android oreo notification dots not working by yourself.
Plus, if you want to know more Android tech tricks or just want to download the apk files, please visit our official page.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.