Cannot Delete File from Internal Storage Android? Here’s How to Solve.
Technically, the internal memory of the Android device is the place where files are stored. In the case that SD cards for extra space are not supported, all of the Android system files are located in your internal memory. Without root access to your phone, you cannot delete file from internal storage android or modify the data for the intended purpose.
The good news is, you always have us back. In this post, milagromobilemarketing will demonstrate some workarounds to help you free up your Android phone’s internal storage.
What takes up internal memory on Android?
At the initial stage, you need to grasp a brief overview of this type of memory. Skipping out these useful pieces of information, you are likely to fail to delete the files in your Android internal memory and might encounter some technical issues in the long run.
The internal memory, as opposed to the internal storage, is the short term memory that is used by your Android device and more commonly known as the RAM or Random Access Memory. So, what elements make use of your Android internal storage?
- General applications.
- Widgets. The widgets are updated almost all the time.
- Games. This type of application consumes much internal memory, and in some cases, game apps could slow down or exacerbate the device performance.
- Operating System. Your Operating System makes use of internal memory to make your device perform at its best.
- Themes. Similar to apps and games, they use a large portion of your RAM.
Check Your Android Devices Internal Storage
You had better check your built-in storage out first in order to identify the file allocation. In other words, you need to see exactly what is taking up the most space on your Android internal storage. Follow these steps:
- Go to your Android home screen by either repeatedly tapping/ pressing the back arrow or pressing the home button.
- Tap on the Apps button
- Navigate to Storage or Storage and USB to check your Android internal storage.
In this step, you can clear the Cached Data to free up a bit of space just by a click on it and then tap on OK.
Delete file from my phone’s internal memory
The steps below will help you figure out how to clean up media files from your Android phone memory.
For Android 6.0 and up:
- On the home screen of your Android phone, tap on Apps.
- Tap on Settings and then head over Storage.
- Press Internal Storage and tap on Explore.
- Select the folder where the files you want to delete are located and on the top right corner, you tap on More.
- Choose Edit. Then, you move to select the files you want to delete and tap on delete and confirm your action.
For Android 4.4 Kitkat
With this version of Android phone, you can follow the step-by-step instruction below to remove the file from your Android in-built memory.
- Tap on the Apps icon on the home screen of your Android device to navigate to My Files
- Open the All Files folder.
- Select the SD card folder to get access to the content of your phone’s internal memory.
- Tap to open the folder containing the media files that you wish to delete.
- Select the files to be deleted by ticking the checkboxes and then tap on the trash bin icon.
- A notification message will appear regarding the deletion. Tap on the OK button to proceed.
To sum up the tutorial, milagromobilemarketing has shown you the way to take you out of the situation in which you cannot delete file from internal storage android. You can pay a visit to our official web or click on more related articles here.
If you have any problem, comment below to let us know. Our tech team will get back to you with a feasible resolution.
Professional software development experience in every step of software development lifecycle such as designing, developing, testing, debugging, and etc.
• Professional experience in Android application development.
• Professional experience in Java program development.
Check my Linkedin profile.