On Windows computers, malware proves to be an ever-present threat which is why it’s a good idea to keep programs like Avast Antivirus around. In use, Avast Antivirus keeps devices out of harm’s way by scanning malware on a regular basis and removing everything suspicious. Nowadays, Windows users that desire protection as well as optimization usually go for the Avast GrimeFighter version. Still, like its contemporaries, Avast GrimeFighter receives several complaints and many share the same topic: Avast GrimeFighter black screen
Corruption: The Number One Suspect
If you have Avast GrimeFighter on your computer and it boots into a black screen, you should take corrupted system files into account. Since system files affect the performance of computers, corruption in system files causes things to go haywire.
Best Course Of Action: System Restore
Regarding Avast GrimeFighter black screen, you should consider using System Restore to return your PC to normal.
- Step 1: Create a Windows 10 ISO on a bootable removable storage device.
- Step 2: Plug the Windows 10 ISO bootable device into your computer and restart it.
- Step 3: Press your computer’s hotkey which could be Esc, F10 or F12 depending on the manufacturer to access the Windows Setup.
- Step 4: Choose the desired language in Windows Setup and click Next.
- Step 5: Select Repair your computer and in Advanced options, choose System Restore.
- Step 6: Pick a Restore Point when the Avast Grimefighter had not yet been installed and press Next. Proceed to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the System Restore process.
Is GrimeFighter Worth It?
You can get GrimeFighter as an add-on for Avast antivirus but it can also be purchased as a standalone too. As the name suggests, GrimeFighter deletes unnecessary data to increase the speed of computers. Examples of such data include temporary files, unwanted applications, residual files and unused toolbar entries. New users are encouraged to initiate a free scan from the Avast dashboard.
This antivirus add-on contains a number of minions and each of them has its own special character and function in the system. When activated, the minions scour your computer to identify and remove all unnecessary items. Led by Officer Pete, the minions cooperate to speed up your computer and improve overall performance.
To implement GrimeFighter, install it as an additional part of your Avast antivirus then click Optimize My PC. The software will reboot your computer into its own customized Linux-based user interface. It will sedate the system and conduct a deep cleanup process. The moment the cleanup concludes, GrimeFighter is going to restart your computer into the original Windows 10 operating system.
What Is The Meaning Of “Sedating” In Avast GrimeFighter?
The sedating mode is where Avast GrimeFighter puts your computer into an administrative state. After that, the Avast GrimeFighter parses through all files and registry items that would normally be locked away.
Is GrimeFighter Based On Linux?
Yes, it is.
Can I Install The Avast GrimeFighter In Windows 8.1?
Unfortunately, no. GrimeFighter is not compatible with that operating system.
Can Avast GrimeFighter Clean Android Devices?
Yes, it can. Android users can download the Avast GrimeFighter to clear up memory by deleting unused files or folders.
How Can I Uninstall GrimeFighter From Avast?
To uninstall GrimeFighter from Avast, open the Control Panel, select Programs and then Avast Free Antivirus. Proceed to click Uninstall/Change. In the Avast Installation prompt, select Change and pick Continue. The next step will ask about the components which you would like to install. Uncheck GrimeFighter and click Continue. The requested change will be executed and GrimeFighter will be removed.
- Always scan external flash drives for malware after plugging them into your computer. Do not open them before a comprehensive scan is complete.
- Avoid running two or more antivirus programs on the same computer at the same time.
- Make the most of your Windows Security by using the Managed Settings to turn on Real-time protection, Cloud-delivered protection, Automatic sample submission and Tamper protection.
- Always activate Microsoft Defender by default on your computer. Note that installing a third-party antivirus program may interfere with the performance of Microsoft Defender on occasions. If you uninstall the third-party antivirus program, Microsoft Defender would turn back on.
Hoang Tu is a seasoned Microsoft Windows expert with a strong IT background. Studying at Hanoi Bach Khoa University, he gained valuable experience at Hanoi Computer and FPT Soft before joining Milagro Mobile Marketing. Specializing in providing tips and tutorials on Windows for global users, Hoang Tu’s expertise covers various Windows versions. With a talent for clear communication, he offers practical solutions and advice to users of all skill levels. His dedication to empowering individuals in their Windows experience has earned him recognition in the tech community, making him a trusted resource for optimizing system performance and resolving technical issues.