Twitter is an online social networking site where people express their opinions by communicating in short messages called tweets. Specifically, the account holders can “tweet” in real-time from anywhere because it is supported by a variety of online devices such as smartphone or PC. Twitter is a cross-sector, cross-network application which is used by globals enterprises, governments and individuals.
Besides short direct messages, the users also can “tweet” by posting videos on Twitter. It is said that videos are more likely to be retweeted than photos. Moreover, Twitter is ranked as the number 1 platform for coming across videos. Therefore, posting videos on Twitter becomes a popular and interesting activity.
However, sometimes, because of various mechanical reasons, you may run into a situation where Twitter videos not playing on Chrome. Don’t worry. This article will provide informative troubleshooting which helps the readers to solve this problem.
The solution for Twitter videos not playing Chrome
Fixes for Twitter videos not playing Chrome are various. You should try these methods when you cannot play Twitter videos on chrome.
Solution 1: Close Web Pages and Restart Chrome
If the network has been in good condition, but you cannot play Twitter videos on Chrome, you should try to close all the web pages, and then restart Chrome browser to examine Twitter videos repeatedly.
Solution 2: Update Chrome to the latest version.
Your Chrome version must be the latest one so that Twitter videos can play smoothly. It can be assured that Google chrome tends to automatically update when an advanced version of the browser is released. However, once in a while, if your browser has not been closed over a period, so you might need to update it physically.
- On your computer, open Chrome, click the More button (3dots) at the top right on the screen.
- Next, click on Help, choose About Chrome to check your equipment already has been updated to the latest Chrome browser version.
- Tap Update Google Chrome if you see this button which means your Chrome browser is out-of-date, so it needs to be modernized. Conversely, if this button does not appear on the screen, you are using the latest version.
Solution 3: Ensure the Flash in Twitter is not being blocked
To make sure the Flash is not “Block“, on the left side of the Chrome address bar, click on the lock-shape button.
Solution 4: Eliminate all the Twitter cookies in Browser
The solution for ‘Twitter video cannot play’ problem is that you need to clear all the cache and cookies on Twitter from Chrome’s setting menu. These are steps to clear:
- Click on Settings, select Privacy and Security, and then select Clear Browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next, choose Browsing history, Cookies, and other site data, and Cached images and files.
- Click on Clear data.
Note: It is possible that you might sign out of most websites that you had logged in before, so you need to remember all passwords of your Chrome accounts.
Another way is that you enter to the Settings, search for Cookies in the search tool, and then find Twitter to clear.
Solution 5: Disable Plugins/ Add-Ons/ Extensions in Chrome
An effective way to solve the Twitter videos won’t play in Chrome trouble is that the plugins/add-ons/extensions in Browser should be disabled.
- You can enter “Chrome://extensions” in the URL search bar and press Enter.
- Next, you toggle all the plugins off, especially the advertisement blockers.
Solution 6: Disable Security software and firewall on your PC
Let shut down and restart the computer if your device has unofficial security software.
Solution 7: Assure the uploaded videos are compatible with Twitter
If you want to upload a video to Twitter via a computer web browser, you should check its format whether it is compatible with Twitter or not in order to avoid the fault on playing the video on Twitter.
Solution 8: Disable Hardware Acceleration
To solve this difficult problem, you need to immobilize Hardware Acceleration. Specifically,
- In the Chrome, type Chrome://settings in the address bar and click on Enter.
- In the below part, select the System, and then turn off Use Hardware Acceleration When Available.
- Tap on Relaunch button.
- Load Twitter videos again.
To sum up, we hope this informative writing can support you out of Twitter videos not playing on Chrome. Have a good experience with your Twitter!